Cowboys Injury Update Thread...

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
He's more consistently productive in the true slot role than anyone else we have had recently.
The shithead is growing on me too, but he has 25 catches in 9 games. His production has been exaggerated because we can't run the football.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Sean Lee says his hamstring injury is a pull, similar to his rookie year

Cowboys linebacker Sean Lee said his hamstring injury is a pull, but he doesn’t have a firm idea how long it will take to recover.

“We’ve got to wait and see how the rehab goes and how everything rolls,” he said Tuesday at Valley Ranch.

He said the hamstring injury is like the one from his rookie year, when he missed two games.

“Similar,” he said, asked if the injury is worse or milder. “I’ve just got to make sure I rehab properly and hope I can be back as soon as I can, when I can functionally get back. It’s frustrating. I want to be on the field. Obviously, I’ve had trouble staying on the field. I take a lot of pride in rehabbing and making sure I recover and am ready to go. But it’s just one of those deals I’ve got to battle back from.”

-- Carlos Mendez

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Cowboys practice report: Austin returns

November, 13, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Cowboys' lone practice of the week saw the return of several players and some possible position changes.

Returning from injuries: Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring), defensive tackle Jason Hatcher (neck) and linebacker DeVonte Holloman (neck) participated.

Missing practice: Cornerback Orlando Scandrick (personal), cornerback Morris Claiborne(hamstring), safety J.J. Wilcox (knee), linebacker Sean Lee (hamstring), linebacker Justin Durant (hamstring) and defensive end DeMarcus Ware (thigh).

Nicked up but practicing: Wide receiver Dez Bryant (back), wide receiver Dwayne Harris(hip) and safety Danny McCray (hip and toe).

Position changes: With injuries at linebacker, Ernie Sims was seen getting reps at middle linebacker with Bruce Carter and Holloman getting time as outside linebackers. Also, defensive end Kyle Wilber was practicing at linebacker. He was drafted as a outside linebacker last year, but moved to defensive end when the Cowboys switched to a 4-3 alignment this season.

Cotton

Staff member
Holloman returns from spinal injury
November, 13, 2013

By Calvin Watkins | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- DeVonte Holloman's return to the practice fields on Wednesday came at a perfect time for the Cowboys. Starting linebackers Sean Lee and Justin Durant are out with hamstring injuries for about three weeks.

Holloman, a strong side linebacker, played well on special teams, even recovering a muffed punt in the season opener, but he suffered a spinal injury during practice in mid-October that's halted his season.

"It's scary but I think they made it more realistic for me than I made it for myself," said Holloman, who was told he has a C3 and C4 spinal contusion. "I was thinking a day or two I be fine and they said no you can't go out there like this. And they put it in prospective for me and I took it easy from there."

Holloman has missed the last four games and there's no guarantee he'll be ready for the New York Giants game next Sunday. But he's practicing and that's a good sign for a potential return at some point.

"Still got to get back in shape, got a lot of time," he said. "I'm still going to be working out over the bye and I'll be pretty good to go hopefully. I'm just waiting on my chance and seeing how thing played out last week and I'm trying to be as prepared as possible."

dallen

Senior Tech
Holloman played well in the preseason

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

:lol

Cotton

Staff member
Practice report: Jason Hatcher ready to go

November, 21, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jason Hatcher went through his second straight limited practice Thursday, but he said he was going to play against the New York Giants on Sunday.

Hatcher did not play Nov. 10 against the New Orleans Saints after aggravating the stinger the previous week. The bye week helped the stinger subside and he is wearing a different neck brace that should help prevent them from recurring.

"It looks good," Hatcher said. "It looks intimidating, so hopefully I can play like I look."

Hatcher, who leads the Cowboys with seven sacks, did not suffer any setbacks in Wednesdays’ full-padded workout.

"It was very important just to have the confidence in my stinger," Hatcher said. "It didn’t blaze back up this week so hopefully it doesn’t in a game ... I can just tee off and play football and don’t have to worry about it no more. Hopefully it can just keep progressing and no setbacks and I’ll get back to being me."

Defensive end DeMarcus Ware (quadriceps) and cornerback Morris Claiborne (hamstring) were also limited. Wide receiver Miles Austin (hamstring) and Dez Bryant (back), defensive tackle Nick Hayden (ribs), defensive end George Selvie (shoulder) and safety J.J. Wilcox(knee) took part in a full practice for the second straight day.

Linebacker DeVonte Holloman had an MRI on his neck and did not practice. Neither did Sean Lee and Justin Durant, who have hamstring injuries.

Cotton

Staff member
Practice report: Cowboys go out in the cold, missing three linebackers

The Cowboys went out in the cold at Valley Ranch for their Friday practice, missing only linebackers Sean Lee, Justin Durant and DeVonte Holloman.

Lee and Durant are trying to recover from hamstring injuries, and Holloman has been scaled back after missing five weeks with a neck stinger. Holloman worked in rehab on the side.

Everyone else worked in the 37-degree weather. Dez Bryant and B.W. Webb were the only players daring to brave the weather in short sleeves and shorts. Webb even ditched gloves.

Coach Jason Garrett was glad to see a practice in the cold.

“I think it’s going to be pretty close to what we’re going to see in New York on Sunday,” he said. “Guys handling the football. Guys wearing gloves. Just getting used to the elements. I think it’s important for us. Guys handled it well.”

-- Carlos Mendez

Cotton

Staff member
Could Sean Lee play on Thanksgiving?

November, 22, 2013

By Todd Archer | ESPNDallas.com

IRVING, Texas -- The Dallas Cowboys have some hopes that linebacker Sean Lee could return to the lineup as early as Thanksgiving against the Oakland Raiders.
Lee was ruled out of Sunday’s game against the New York Giants, but there's an outside shot he could play Nov. 28, according to a source.

Lee said Friday his strained hamstring is improving and he is looking to play as quickly as possible, but has to be careful not to rush a return. The initial timetable for Lee was 3-4 weeks, which would have put his return Dec. 9 against the Chicago Bears.

“I don’t intend to fly long without him,” owner and general manager Jerry Jones said when asked about Lee’s status on Thursday.

Jason Garrett made mention of Lee’s rehab work during the bye week. Lee has been going through all kinds of treatment from a hyperbaric chamber to a compression boot. He said he has been doing some running, but would need to test the leg more before feeling OK to return.

There is a two-sided argument regarding a possible return for Lee with an 11-day break between the Raiders and Bears games. The Cowboys have a short week of preparation for the Raiders, but they have a longer-than-normal break in which he could be ready for the Bears.

Ernie Sims will replace Lee in the starting lineup Sunday against the Giants.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
Jerry Jones: ‘Probably optimistic’ to think Sean Lee (hamstring) will return this week
By Jon Machota
jmachota@dallasnews.com
9:45 am on November 26, 2013 | Permalink

Dallas Cowboys owner Jerry Jones didn’t sound confident Tuesday morning when he was asked if middle linebacker Sean Lee could possibly play Thursday against Oakland.

Lee is still recovering from a hamstring injury he suffered on Nov. 10 in New Orleans.

“That’s probably optimistic,” Jones said on 105.3 The Fan [KRLD-FM] when asked about the possibility of Lee playing. “He thinks he’s got a chance, but Sean’s one of the most optimistic players there has ever been on the Dallas Cowboys. But that’s probably optimistic.”

After suffering the injury, it was expected that Lee would be out 3-4 weeks. It’s more likely that he returns for the Monday night game in Chicago on Dec. 9.

Top Bottom