Cowboys hot topic: It may be time for an “amicable divorce” from Dez Bryant

p1_

DCC 4Life
it must be more like the belichick way

p1_

DCC 4Life
It appears there is no good replacement for Dez aside from the draft, as free agency doesn't appear to be a solution. And we all know that even the best receivers face a transition period before they are truly a consistent threat. What this means is that we might not have hope of an improved passing game next year. If that's true, Im gonna have to look away. Its gonna be fugly.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Anyone miss Danny Amendola?

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Shut it, Mike.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Dez has Dallas over a barrel.

Who is going to come in and be Dez? Not Dez (anymore), but certainly no one else.

Bryant’s overpaid and can’t get his big salary from anyone else, but at the same time we’re not going to magically gain #1 production from this FA crop. Not with our coaching staff.

Our best shot is the players around Dez step their game up (Dak especially, but also the TE and RBs in the passing game) so Dez can approximate #2 quality yardage and catches while hauling in #1 quality TDs like 2016.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Hmmm...

vince

Not So New Member
Hmmm...
Probably referring to his son.

Cujo

DCC 4Life
Dez has Dallas over a barrel.

Who is going to come in and be Dez? Not Dez (anymore), but certainly no one else.

Bryant’s overpaid and can’t get his big salary from anyone else, but at the same time we’re not going to magically gain #1 production from this FA crop. Not with our coaching staff.

Our best shot is the players around Dez step their game up (Dak especially, but also the TE and RBs in the passing game) so Dez can approximate #2 quality yardage and catches while hauling in #1 quality TDs like 2016.
I'm hoping they don't approach it like that. Personally, I could give a tin shit about who replaces him. He's simply not worth the money. Time to move on.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Probably referring to his son.
Tbh it sounds like something a millennial would have tattooed across the small of his/her/xher/xhe 's back

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I'm hoping they don't approach it like that. Personally, I could give a tin shit about who replaces him. He's simply not worth the money. Time to move on.
We don't need another Dez. That's the point. Our offense actually runs more efficiently when Dez isn't on the field. If you ask me we need more guys like Terrance Williams with better hands. Guys who shutup, catch 70% of the balls thrown their way and don't bitch and complain if they only see 3-5 throws go their direction a game. Fantasy football is fun but we don't need a fantasy football stud. We need multiple WR's who are good at getting open and catching passes.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Tin shit? That’s a new one to me. I will have to work on that. :art

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We don't need another Dez. That's the point. Our offense actually runs more efficiently when Dez isn't on the field. If you ask me we need more guys like Terrance Williams with better hands. Guys who shutup, catch 70% of the balls thrown their way and don't bitch and complain if they only see 3-5 throws go their direction a game. Fantasy football is fun but we don't need a fantasy football stud. We need multiple WR's who are good at getting open and catching passes.
As much as I'd love that, we really don't have the coaching to make this happen.

Our coaches expect highly performing skill talent to carry the day. They need Romo, Witten, Dez, Zeke, ridiculous superstar OL, what have you.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think it's a clear mistake to diminish your talent at a position in an effort to accommodate your underperforming QB.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think it's a clear mistake to diminish your talent at a position in an effort to accommodate your underperforming QB.
It's not about accommodating the QB. It's about not paying a guy 17 mil to give you a 5 mil performance.

Top Bottom