Cowboys have a team meeting about Jerry Jones' anthem edict

Joe Fan

Brand New Member
Seen in response to a recent Brandon George tweet, A LOT of the comments were people saying Jerry is a slave owner and calling him masta etc.

Why is there outrage over Jerry saying he won’t tolerate it, but not the NBA commissioner denouncing it for NBA players?

And again, wtf is the “protest” actually accomplishing?
The "protest" isn't accomplishing a damn thing minus costing the NFL fans, viewership and money.

Again, if you want to protest then do it on your own fucking time. It's really as simple as that.

Personally I'm enjoying watching the NFL being burnt to the ground.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me

he's not good enough to pull this crap

Hoffa

DCC 4Life
I hope the entire team kneels with a fist in the air.

Jerry and his puppet coach won't do shit about it.

midswat

... soon
This organization is a joke. Top to bottom.

I can’t believe this nonsense is the focus of the team.

lostxn

DCC 4Life
They are mostly demanding that everyone acknowledge their victimhood and agree to capitulate to whatever ridiculous demands a liberal agenda in Congress can come up with.
One of the reasons you are so ignorant is that you fail to realize that other people have legitimate points of view whether you agree with them or not. I'm not nuts about the protests but that have a reasons to feel aggrieved. This is an issue that is important in their community. That being said, nobody on our team was really involved until Jones dragged the whole team into it. He's a shithead.

data

Forbes #1
Again, if you want to protest then do it on your own fucking time. It's really as simple as that.
Not your best work.

Try harder.
In any case, good for Jones. I hope he does enforce it. Jerruh isn't saying the player(s) cause is wrong, but they cannot go about it this way. I have no problem with Jones punishing players that publicly protest in bad taste on their own time, off-the-field, too.

The NFL prevented the Cowboys from wearing pro-Dallas PD helmet decals last year after the sniper shootings. Players have been fined for wearing unapproved shoe colors to raise awareness for cancers (Brandon Marshall green shoes).

This isn't a race thing, BLM thing or blacks-are-wrong-thing. It's a boss-gets-to-choose-what-his-employees-can-express-thing-as-a-paid-employee.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
LAST WARNING! If you post about flag, anthem, protests, etc. you will be banned! ***

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Jones told players he wanted to be the bad guy?

WTF does this even mean?
It doesn't make sense because he isn't doing anything at all in regards to the protest or the anthem that would make him the target of any criticism frmo the crowd the players are trying to reach with their protests.

So yea, I would like to know what the hell he meant and how he would be considered a bad guy in any way by making it public that the players will be benched for not standing.

shane

DCC 4Life
Seen in response to a recent Brandon George tweet, A LOT of the comments were people saying Jerry is a slave owner and calling him masta etc.

Why is there outrage over Jerry saying he won’t tolerate it, but not the NBA commissioner denouncing it for NBA players?

And again, wtf is the “protest” actually accomplishing?
The animals in the NFL aren't the smartest bunch, nor are their fans. You're right that this is accomplishing nothing. This is just more 'monkey see, monkey do' from a bunch of contemptible felons. I'm glad Trump started this BS.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
This kneeling crap should be done on their own time, not that it really accomplishes anything to begin with. If you feel so strongly about it, take your exorbitant salaries and donate them to whatever cause applies. I don't think even half of NFL fans pay through the ass for tickets, concessions or the Ticket just to watch a handful of overpaid, spoiled bratmen put their political/social beliefs on display.

Goodell's wishy-washy, waffling ass can STFU and take a hike, too. He's absolutely worthless so the same thing applies to him as well. Here's a hint to all of you idiots: There's basically nobody WGAS what you think, especially since half of you can barely form a cohesive sentence or articulate your thoughts without parroting what someone else has already said. I'm regretting my decision to switch from DTV and lose the opportunity to order the Ticket less and less with every passing week.

As soon as they walk into the stadium and put on their uniforms, they're on the clock as far as I'm concerned. If I pulled this crap while I was at work, I would be sent home and suspended at the very least.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

WTF does this even mean?
It means he's selling snake oil, like usual. Only this time it made so little sense the players weren't dumb enough to buy it.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
LAST WARNING! If you post about flag, anthem, protests, etc. you will be banned! ***
Just to clarify, just in case everyone was not clear. This was a joke.

midswat

... soon
Troy Aikman on @dfwticket not a fan of team meetings: "When you have them, first of all you're acknowledging there's an issue. And then usually what happens, at least from my experience, is you come out of a meeting and things are a little worse than what they were when you went.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
It doesn't make sense because he isn't doing anything at all in regards to the protest or the anthem that would make him the target of any criticism frmo the crowd the players are trying to reach with their protests.

So yea, I would like to know what the hell he meant and how he would be considered a bad guy in any way by making it public that the players will be benched for not standing.
I think Jones is simply saying if you want to blame someone blame me but that’s the way it is. My team my my rules.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

WTF does this even mean?
I bet the majority of the team has spent the last 24 hours asking themselves that same question.

Top Bottom