Cowboys Free Agency Thread

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Quinn would be a bad re signing. He played through a contract year and will revert back to the injured mean next year
There is no way to know that. And you don’t let good players go because you’re scared of what might be. That would be a terrible way to run a football team.

Cotton

Staff member
I disagree. He's been inconsistent last few years
This was the first year he was used correctly in his entire career and excelled. I’m giving him a chance to continue that.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
This was the first year he was used correctly in his entire career and excelled. I’m giving him a chance to continue that.
I will throw my support your way. He is a solid pass rusher. His bend to get the to QB is rare, even at his age.

Let him go, we are going to have to draft a pass rusher in a pass rusher-poor draft.

It doesn't have to be a mega-deal.

Cotton

Staff member

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Dak just got exclusive franchised tagged.

Now they have 2.5 hours to get Coop done.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's going to be cool when they panic-extend Amari, get something done with Quinn/Cobb and then close up shop until the draft.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
If the specter of losing Amari wasn't out there I'd be perfectly fine tagging Dak and making him prove it.

If we do end up losing Amari then it's on the team for not pushing hard enough, and on Dak for being a greedy fuck and cutting off his nose to spite his face. Is losing your number 1 WR really worth an extra $2-3 million/year when you're already making $30+/year, with over $100 guaranteed, and God only knows how much in endorsements on top of that?

If we could've tagged Amari and flipped him for a late 1/early 2 I'd have been perfectly content to draft Ruggs at 17 and using Amari's cap space elsewhere in FA. As it is it'd burn to lose Amari for nothing and then having to burn another 1 on a WR.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
The whole NFL free agency and salary cap system is a fucking disaster and train wreck.

It needs to be overhauled. I'm so god damned tired of these players demanding the moon and completely wrecking a team's salary structure.

And fuck the owners too for being greedy ass pigs and ramming a 17th game that no one wanted down our throats so they can line their pockets a little more.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The whole NFL free agency and salary cap system is a fucking disaster and train wreck.

It needs to be overhauled. I'm so god damned tired of these players demanding the moon and completely wrecking a team's salary structure.

And fuck the owners too for being greedy ass pigs and ramming a 17th game that no one wanted down our throats so they can line their pockets a little more.
Yea, basically.

data

Forbes #1

The fans enable this.

We complain about outrageous ticket & concession prices, parking fees and exhorbitant PSL...yet there's a company or person stepping up in your place to happily fork over the $$$.

Top Bottom