Cowboys' Ezekiel Elliott suspended six games for conduct

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm glad this judge gets it, instead of that last bitch.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Exactly.

I won't get my hopes up because this isn't the first time a judge has spoken favorably in Zeke's case, but it is good that more and more judges see how flawed this process was as is the NFL's process for determining punishment as a whole.

It's way too pick-and-choosy.
The judges who have spoken favorably all ruled for him. Only that NY hoebag who stated she didn't see the harm to Elliott and didn't understand how there was a conspiracy against him, on the record, ruled against him.

Which is just crossing the line into willfully ignoring the facts. Not surprising, NY Obama appointee.

Even the appellate judges from the Texas case only kicked him out on a technicality, not cause they decided against him on the merits.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
:lol

So all of this questioning of how the league came to the decision that they did and they still deny the stay.

Makes sense.

Oh well, at least we'll have him for the final few weeks and the playoffs should we make it.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

So all of this questioning of how the league came to the decision that they did and they still deny the stay.

Makes sense.

Oh well, at least we'll have him for the final few weeks and the playoffs should we make it.
Just lipservice.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Newt

DCC 4Life
Well, there's that.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Well, there's that.
Yup.

I think the running game will be good enough with the guys we have at the position, but what will really carry us to the playoffs will be the defense.

If last Sunday was a sign of things to come and not a fluke, we have a great chance to still make it in spite of Zeke's absence. If that Chiefs game was more of a good day type of thing, and we go back to playing like we did before that game, I'm afraid that we're going to miss out at 8-8 or 9-7.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Don't care, no excuses for not going at least 3-3 over the next 6 with games at home against the Skins/Chargers and the Giants on the road. No reason we can't win one of Atlanta/Philly/Oakland either.

Elliott is clearly a special talent but he's only averaged 4.1 YPC on the year and 4.4 over the last four games and we still managed to go 3-1 over those last 4, and obviously 5-3 on the year. Of course the stats can't account for the amount of attention the defense pays him and what that opens up in the passing game but Morris/McFadden/Smith should be able to average somewhere around 3.8-4.2 YPC over the next 6 weeks.

3-3 puts us at 8-6 going into the last two, which probably means we have to win the last two to make it in, of course if we're 9-5 I'll feel really good about our chances.

Seattle seems like our biggest threat as far as the wild card goes so it's fortunate that we'll have him for that one and the tiebreaker.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Seattle seems like our biggest threat as far as the wild card goes so it's fortunate that we'll have him for that one and the tiebreaker.
And they don't scare me.

Not only would we have Zeke for that game, but their offense just isn't very good

The teams that give us trouble are the ones who have explosive offenses with the ability to strike quickly.

Seattle does not pose that type of threat.

I feel very confident that we'll pull that one out.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
The defense is starting to peak at the right time.

junk

Not So New Member
Don't care, no excuses for not going at least 3-3 over the next 6 with games at home against the Skins/Chargers and the Giants on the road. No reason we can't win one of Atlanta/Philly/Oakland either.

Elliott is clearly a special talent but he's only averaged 4.1 YPC on the year and 4.4 over the last four games and we still managed to go 3-1 over those last 4, and obviously 5-3 on the year. Of course the stats can't account for the amount of attention the defense pays him and what that opens up in the passing game but Morris/McFadden/Smith should be able to average somewhere around 3.8-4.2 YPC over the next 6 weeks.

3-3 puts us at 8-6 going into the last two, which probably means we have to win the last two to make it in, of course if we're 9-5 I'll feel really good about our chances.

Plus we have the coaching advantage. When it comes to high pressure, must win games, I like our odds.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
And they don't scare me.

Not only would we have Zeke for that game, but their offense just isn't very good

The teams that give us trouble are the ones who have explosive offenses with the ability to strike quickly.

Seattle does not pose that type of threat.

I feel very confident that we'll pull that one out.
Yea, I think the wild card will ultimately come down to Carolina/Seattle/us and then maybe someone like Detroit or Atlanta, maybe Washington can sneak into the picture, but I feel like Carolina/Seattle are the biggest competitors.

Even if Atlanta beats us this week I think they'll sag down the stretch, especially with two games against the Saints, they just don't seem to have it this year. They also play at Seattle next week which is probably a loss.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I think we will notice a noticeable difference in our run game with Price out. A good hole-logging 1-tech is underestimated. He may not have gotten all the stats, but being able to clog the middle and force the runner outside is big.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think we will notice a noticeable difference in our run game with Price out. A good hole-logging 1-tech is underestimated. He may not have gotten all the stats, but being able to clog the middle and force the runner outside is big.
How did Richard Ash look against the Chiefs? I know he at least played and I can't remember anything bad out of him.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
He was underrated but he only played like 15-20 snaps a game.

He played only 9 against the Chiefs and it's not like he got hurt in the 1st quarter or something, he got hurt in the 3rd, maybe even the 4th if I'm remembering right.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Plus we have the coaching advantage. When it comes to high pressure, must win games, I like our odds.

Holy shit, that was good!

Top Bottom