Cowboys Cuts to 53

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Jackson just looks better to me. And running back is a position you usually don't have to wait for. You either have it or don't.
Yeah in the fourth preseason game Bo looked better. But in all the other preseason games Jackson looked better.

Still a lot of it is just blocking and a small sample size. I try not to go over board when you're talking about a handful of carries in a preseason game. I was a big Jackson fan a few years ago too when we cut him. I won't be heart broken either way. I just lean towards the guy who can backup here for a few years cheap. If we were talking about our primary backup right now I'd lean towards Jackson I think.

I guess I'm just a fan of using your bottom roster spots on younger with more potential.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
It sounds more and more like rico will make it. I think I assumed it would come down to Rico versus a guy like Jarwin, but in reality it's probably more like Rico versus Lenoir, and Rico wins that easily.
Wish we could put Lenoirs work ethic and dedication in Rico's body. We might have something then.

I also think the coaches demoted Rico to an extent to motivate him.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Jackson just looks better to me. And running back is a position you usually don't have to wait for. You either have it or don't.
I agree with this.

Learning blocking assignments is the aspect of the game that usually takes the longest for young running backs to grasp, but actually carrying the ball is something that's typically pretty natural for them. So you can kind of get an idea early on of a player's ball carrying skills. The fact that Bo hasn't looked impressive carrying the ball is a strong indicator that he may not be worth keeping around on the 53. Especially when you consider that Jackson has looked better playing under the same conditions (running behind a depleted OL).

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

p1_

DCC 4Life

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Rico is not going to make an impact on this team. If he sucks after 3 years just move on.

Also, I knew Green was a terrible player the moment we drafted him. His current play reads exactly like all of the worst parts about his draft analysis.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
:towel
:lol

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Anyone remember the old Chris Rock routine about getting credit for shit you 'posed to do?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Rico is not going to make an impact on this team. If he sucks after 3 years just move on.

Also, I knew Green was a terrible player the moment we drafted him. His current play reads exactly like all of the worst parts about his draft analysis.
If we can trust him enough to run a few plays he is better than the other TEs. It's all about the coaches trusting him to run the right plays.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
His entire career has been a downward spiral. Most players get better. He only got worse for whatever reason. And obviously ended in a dumpster fire.

Tony D

DCC 4Life
Rico arrested for weed. Makes decision easy now.

Tweet from @fishsports: ALERT: #Cowboys TE Rico Gathers was arrested for marijuana possession at 10p Friday, Frisco Police tell me. https://t.co/fAMnBDAIyi

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Should have cut his ass after Atlanta. What a waste of time.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
doesn't know where to line up; knows where to score weed

Top Bottom