Cowboys cut Ratliff

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So...about this banner with the big fat asshole right in the middle...

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
:lol

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Bipo its his way of inviting you to the test thread.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I would love for him to sign with a future opponent.

Then we could give him the Emmitt treatment.
Someone threw out the Saints as a possible landing spot. Reuniting with Rob Ryan in the 3-4 that he's familar with.

I'd be fine with that.

I'd hope that one of our lineman chop blocks him. If our player is fined Jerry should happily pay the fine for the player who committed the chop block.

kidd

DCC 4Life
If the leauge can punish a team for going ove the cap when there was really no cap like they did to us and the Skins; then why can't something be done about this? Everyone know dang good and well that Ratliff faked injury to orchestrate his release.

He should be punished IMO.

dallen

Senior Tech
I replaced Ratliff with Sean Lee

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Jay Ratliff meets with Chiefs, Bears
Updated: October 31, 2013, 9:44 AM ET
By Ed Werder | ESPN

Former Dallas Cowboys defensive tackle Jay Ratliff spent Tuesday meeting with the Kansas City Chiefs and then went to Chicago to visit the Chicago Bears as he begins the process of determining where to resume his NFL career, league sources said.

It is likely that Ratliff will meet with at least one more interested team before making his decision, assuming there are multiple offers.

Both the Bears and Chiefs evaluated Ratliff's physical condition and, based on their medical and training staffs, believe Ratliff is capable of playing within the next month and perhaps sooner, the sources said. A reasonable view is that he could be on the field in early December and through the playoffs.

The Dallas Cowboys released Ratliff following a dispute about his recovery from a groin injury for which he underwent surgery last December, even though owner/general manager Jerry Jones paid him an $18 million signing bonus less than two years ago. He has not played in nearly a year.

The Cowboys released Ratliff -- who was seeing his own doctor and following rehab protocol outside the team -- when told he would not be healthy enough to play for at least three months.

The next week, Ratliff kept an appointment with Dr. William Myers in Philadelphia, who had performed his sports hernia surgery. Myers cleared Ratliff medically and his agent immediately informed all of the league's other 31 teams of Ratliff's updated status and availability.

One Cowboys source said at the time that Ratliff "decided he didn't want to play for Jerry Jones any more."

Last week, Jones referred to the Ratliff issue as a "legal matter."

"All agreements require people to abide by the agreements. That's why you have legal issues. We obviously have an agreement with him, had an agreement with him, and to the extent that you have some concern within that, that's why you have legal," he said.

The Cowboys rank last in the NFL in total defense, under defensive coordinator Monte Kiffin, and have allowed four opposing quarterbacks to pass for at least 400 yards, matching the NFL -- in just eight games. The primary issue has been injuries on the defensive line, where Ratliff would have contributed.

Anthony Spencer played one game before going on injured reserve and DeMarcus Ware has missed games for the first time in his career because of a quadriceps strain, leaving Jason Hatcher as the only projected starter on the defensive line actually playing snaps.

Top Bottom