Cowboys cut Lucky Whitehead after reported arrest

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yeah if he really did that, he needs to grow a pair. You stand up to the media like Billy Badass but you can't even make it 24 hrs without trying to kiss ass. Could you imagine Belichick ever apologizing to the media? Of course not, he'd sooner take a dump on their desk than apologize to them.
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Jerry made him make nice. Of course, I like to hold to the idea that he is just a pussy.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
What should have been done in my opinion was for Garrett to say that a movement was already underway to dismiss Whitehead since the organization had already made moves to replace him. Then he should have said the organization moved prematurely to act on the dismissal coincidentally with the erroneous report and for that they were wrong not to check it out further but even so it wouldn't have made a difference. Just own up to it and do the honest thing. Honesty is always easier to explain.

midswat

... soon
Gold!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Wouldn't surprise me at all if Jerry made him make nice. Of course, I like to hold to the idea that he is just a pussy.
Oh, he is. This is classic Garrett. Tries to placate everyone; can't stand to have people mad at him. He's always had the Dallas media on his side and he knows how important it is not to lose that.

Great PR man and behind-the-scenes politician, sucky coach. Same as ever.

midswat

... soon
Oh, he is. This is classic Garrett. Tries to placate everyone; can't stand to have people mad at him. He's always had the Dallas media on his side and he knows how important it is not to lose that.

No doubt. He's a politician. He knows he's had the luxury of having most of the media in his good graces. God forbid they turn on him and continue calling him out on his shortcomings.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

"How's it goin', guys!"

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Carp

DCC 4Life
Garrett and the team owes zero explanation why Whitehead was cut. Best interest of the Cowboys is plenty. Whitehead was not making this team anyway. If the timing is odd it does not matter. There is always a double standard when it comes to players...ask Jimmy Johnson.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Garrett and the team owes zero explanation why Whitehead was cut. Best interest of the Cowboys is plenty. Whitehead was not making this team anyway. If the timing is odd it does not matter. There is always a double standard when it comes to players...ask Jimmy Johnson.

True.

Top Bottom