Cowboys cut Lucky Whitehead after reported arrest

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Flatty nomination for a Shatty, shittiest and dumbest argument in a thread.

:lol
He seems to be under the impression that we are no worse than other teams when it come to players in trouble (laughable), that Jason is a good coach who just needs more time, and that the Cowboys did nothing wrong in releasing Whitehead the way that they did. Is it me or am I sensing a trend?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
And that's somehow a negative?

Isn't it supposed to be that way?

Talk about double standards. If Garrett let him get away with all this shit, people would be complaining we are out of control. Instead he cuts him, and it's a problem that we cut him.

Believe what you want. I don't buy all of the wares that you are selling.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
He seems to be under the impression that we are no worse than other teams when it come to players in trouble (laughable),
Aside from Gregory, Hardy and McClain I said, which is the truth.

that Jason is a good coach who just needs more time
Not what I've said.

and that the Cowboys did nothing wrong in releasing Whitehead the way that they did.
Correct and what pretty much everyone believes.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Right. Teams like the Pats and Packers always lose key members of their defensive line to suspensions every spring. :rolleyes
We have 8 players suspended for 36 games lost if you take out Gregory, Hardy and McClain, which I've already explained why they should be excluded.

And then of the remaining 36, 12 were with players who never played a down with us in Shaq Evans, RJ Dill, and Jakar Hamilton. All were summarily dismissed. 10 were Josh Brent, another example of somewhat extenuating circumstances (given the positive PR around that whole situation, actually).

So yeah... the suspension totals do not illustrate a team that has particularly more bad eggs being tolerated than anywhere else.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Agreed... no sense in you trying to explain away that contradiction.
You didn't understand my Garrett comment anyways. It wasn't about challenging a coach. It was more your rose colored glasses when it comes to him.

And for the record I do know you are not as hardcore Garrett as you used to be. I sometimes just can't help myself.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
We have 8 players suspended for 36 games lost if you take out Gregory, Hardy and McClain, which I've already explained why they should be excluded.

And then of the remaining 36, 12 were with players who never played a down with us in Shaq Evans, RJ Dill, and Jakar Hamilton. All were summarily dismissed. 10 were Josh Brent, another example of somewhat extenuating circumstances (given the positive PR around that whole situation, actually).

So yeah... the suspension totals do not illustrate a team that has particularly more bad eggs being tolerated than anywhere else.

I love your little accounting tricks to make them look better than they really are. Update me on the stats when Zeke and Wilson get suspended. Gregory, Hardy and McClain skew the situation? Well whose fault is that? They Cowboys knew that all three guys were bad news and untrustworthy, so no, they don't get a pass when things blow up in their face. You think the Pats would let Gregory stab them in the back time and again and never move on? Hell, they traded Chandler Jones for just one incident with synthetic marijuana. You think a recidivist fuckup like McClain would still be on their roster? Not on your life. Quality organizations give shitheads like them a second chance at most, not three or four. But hey, winning trumps everything in Dallas, right?

Smitty

DCC 4Life

I love your little accounting tricks to make them look better than they really are. Update me on the stats when Zeke and Wilson get suspended. Gregory, Hardy and McClain skew the situation? Well whose fault is that? They Cowboys knew that all three guys were bad news and untrustworthy, so no, they don't get a pass when things blow up in their face. You think the Pats would let Gregory stab them in the back time and again and never move on? Hell, they traded Chandler Jones for just one incident with synthetic marijuana. You think a recidivist fuckup like McClain would still be on their roster? Not on your life. Quality organizations give shitheads like them a second chance at most, not three or four. But hey, winning trumps everything in Dallas, right?
http://www.dallascowboyscentral.com/showthread.php?6438-2017-Random-Cowboys-Stuff-Thread&p=362355&viewfull=1#post362355

Have fun.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life

I'm pretty sure all the other teams have somewhat extenuating circumstances as well, players who didn't play a down, "calculated risks", 1 or 2 bad apples who make up most of their suspensions...
If you're cherry-picking do it for all, not just for the cowboys and compare apples to apples...
Don't get me wrong, this is one instance I agree with the FO. I also would have cut Lucky, just fishy how they had all his info, probably a friend or relative and Lucky, swell guy that he is, is/was covering for him. Cut his ass and let it be a lesson for the others to keep bad apples away.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Okay, back from lunch. Did I miss anything?

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm pretty sure all the other teams have somewhat extenuating circumstances as well, players who didn't play a down, "calculated risks", 1 or 2 bad apples who make up most of their suspensions...
I think a small handful of teams do. The Browns with Josh Gordon for example.

Most teams I don't think have these exceptions at all.

Top Bottom