Cowboys considered firing OC Linehan during bye week

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
If they're already considering it that means he's as good as gone at seasons end.

Hopefully the buck doesn't stop there. The entire staff needs to be purged, from top to bottom.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they're already considering it that means he's as good as gone at seasons end.

Hopefully the buck doesn't stop there. The entire staff needs to be purged, from top to bottom.
You have to let the new head coach pick his pieces, so I agree with you. You can't bring a new guy in and force him to work with coaches he didn't pick.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
They at least wouldn't be given the 8 year lease gingerfuck has had. If Garrett gets an extension it's over, we will be stuck with him forever
It's not like Garrett is somehow superior to those coaches. They are terrible choices but it doesn't somehow make me feel better about Garrett.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
And I dont think there will be a lame duck season, riding out the last year of his contract.
Jerry has made it pretty clear he isn't comfortable with a head coach in the last year of a deal.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
You have to let the new head coach pick his pieces, so I agree with you. You can't bring a new guy in and force him to work with coaches he didn't pick.
That's not how the Cowboys work, though. They're dysfunctional like that. Whoever the new HC is will be forced to work with leftovers from the previous regime.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That's not how the Cowboys work, though. They're dysfunctional like that. Whoever the new HC is will be forced to work with leftovers from the previous regime.
Unfortunate but true. Jerry hates to let those go who he is comfortable with. I'm just hoping Jerry is at the point he was at when he hired Parcells.

DLK150

DCC 4Life
I think any finish under .500 might get it done. A 5-3/.500 finish would be enough for Jones to try and convince people the arrow is still pointing up. 4-4/7-9 or 3-5/6-10 would be a hard sell.

p1_

DCC 4Life

BipolarFuk

Demoted
Fox or Del Rio? :lol

I wish fucking Jeff Bezos or some other ultra billionaire would come in with a $10 billion offer to buy this fucking team.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Fox or Del Rio? :lol

I wish fucking Jeff Bezos or some other ultra billionaire would come in with a $10 billion offer to buy this fucking team.
Those are young sexy candidates to a fossil like Jones. Anyway, Jerry and Jason have found their patsy and his name is Linehan. They'll fire him and hope the local fans buy it.

shane

DCC 4Life
Fox or Del Rio are competent. With a solid offensive coordinator, I would be happy with both hires.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Fox or Del Rio are competent. With a solid offensive coordinator, I would be happy with both hires.
That makes one of us.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I wouldn't, but I know they would get 3 years max, as opposed to the life-sentence ginger tumor. To put it bluntly, I don't care if we have to suffer through 3 years of Campo again, it will be worth it to get rid of Garrett

Cujo

DCC 4Life
I wouldn't, but I know they would get 3 years max, as opposed to the life-sentence ginger tumor. To put it bluntly, I don't care if we have to suffer through 3 years of Campo again, it will be worth it to get rid of Garrett

Fuck that. I want to see a good hire.

Top Bottom