Cowboys at Chargers | Week 4 Game Day Chatter Thread | 09/29/2013

Smitty

DCC 4Life
yes it is idiotic. Hey, Jerry will just screw up the picks so let's not draft. Dumb.
Except that's not what I'm saying. If we're gonna put it in draft terms, my argument is "Let's not do the same Jerry bullshit of trading around and trying to outsmart everyone that we always do which ends up backfiring."

I'm advocating trading up for the first overall pick, or in the absence of doing that, just sitting put at our draft slot until the right offer comes along.

Just because Jerry will likely screw up the hire doesn't mean shouldn't root for the right thing to happen. You yourself have used this same explanation in other contexts, and it is absolutely correct.
The right thing is getting a clear upgrade at coach, not bringing in another Chan Gailey.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Wade wasn't an 8-8 coach, he was a coach who leads his teams to rock bottom, which is what he did here.

I'd like to think you're smart enough to realize that since he left his teams worse everywhere he went.

So saying Garrett going 8-8 means he's the same as Wade is untrue. Wade led his team into the gutter and wasn't going to be able to get them out. So Wade wasn't an 8-8 coach.
I'm not talking about Wade Phillips. I'm talking about Jason Garrett, and what he has and has not done for this team. And we've garnered our .500 record before, during, and after Wade Phillips.

kidd

DCC 4Life
It's not insight, it's bias. You never liked Wade and you called for his head no matter what. You always liked Garrett so you are defending him no matter what.

If it was insight you would see Garrett's deficiencies rather than making excuses for him.
Ding ding ding!!! We have a winner!!

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not talking about Wade Phillips. I'm talking about Jason Garrett, and what he has and has not done for this team.
You said "If Garrett was so much better." I assume you meant "better than Wade Phillips." Everything I said in response to you was about why any coach is better than one of the worst coaches in the league.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Then why not stick with Wade until this sure fire, can't miss, yee-haw, arse kicking HC came along? Atleast then we could have had some decent draft picks.
Interesting.

Hey, let's just stick with Wade even though he's "mediocre as hell" because unless it is an all-timer Jerry will just screw up the hire.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Wade wasn't an 8-8 coach, he was a coach who leads his teams to rock bottom, which is what he did here.

I'd like to think you're smart enough to realize that since he left his teams worse everywhere he went.

So saying Garrett going 8-8 means he's the same as Wade is untrue. Wade led his team into the gutter and wasn't going to be able to get them out. So Wade wasn't an 8-8 coach.
Wade went 13-3 with essentially the same talent that parcelles went 10-6 with.

Just saying.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Interesting.

Hey, let's just stick with Wade even though he's "mediocre as hell" because unless it is an all-timer Jerry will just screw up the hire.
I've already addressed this argument like 3 times in the last hour.

kidd

DCC 4Life
Interesting.

Plug Garrett's name in for Wade and you have Schmitty's argument.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
Except that's not what I'm saying. If we're gonna put it in draft terms, my argument is "Let's not do the same Jerry bullshit of trading around and trying to outsmart everyone that we always do which ends up backfiring."

I'm advocating trading up for the first overall pick, or in the absence of doing that, just sitting put at our draft slot until the right offer comes along.

The right thing is getting a clear upgrade at coach, not bringing in another Chan Gailey.
I love how you are the one that threw out Chan Gailey's name then you argue against it as if someone else advocated it or anything like it.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Payton is pass happy too. We'd be in the same situation we are now with this group. We need someone with balance and who can inspire this sad sack.
But with Payton you actually get a creative mind.

I don't mind all the passing if you're creative with it and creating mismatches. Garrett is pass happy and unimaginative. That's a big difference between the two.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Actually, you do.

I can do that crap too.
Well, you can pretend that's my argument, but since I've said that one coach is the worst and one coach is average, anyone can clearly see that I wouldn't say the same thing about Wade, and that is the crux of my argument: that the worst coach can be replaced by anyone and an average coach cannot.

It seems to me like an intelligent rebuttal would be to argue against the fact that Garrett is an "average" coach instead of trying to mock me about "well then why did Schmitty want to replace Wade Phillips without an all timer?" Clearly I have answered that question.

So actually, no, you can't, unless you're just spouting nonsense.

kidd

DCC 4Life
But with Payton you actually get a creative mind.

I don't mind all the passing if you're creative with it and creating mismatches. Garrett is pass happy and unimaginative. That's a big difference between the two.
Payton could do great things with Romo and Dez; especially with Witten thrown in the mix.

Top Bottom