Cowboys 2018 Season Predictions

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Been quite a bit of take about Dad's deep throw. Not sure how much I his fault and how much was Dez not getting separation
Never saw your Dad throw it to Dez.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Been quite a bit of take about Dad's deep throw. Not sure how much I his fault and how much was Dez not getting separation
A lot of it is on Dez and Witten for being old, beaten up, and slow.

But Dak is not a creative passer. A player has to be wide open in single coverage for him to hit a deep pass.

There’s still a chance he could learn, though. Dallas has taken the right approach in surrounding Dak with younger and faster receivers he can grow with.

Dak should be throwing with them late after practice, not dicking around chucking footballs with gingerhead.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
A lot of it is on Dez and Witten for being old, beaten up, and slow.

But Dak is not a creative passer. A player has to be wide open in single coverage for him to hit a deep pass.

There’s still a chance he could learn, though. Dallas has taken the right approach in surrounding Dak with younger and faster receivers he can grow with.

Dak should be throwing with them late after practice, not dicking around chucking footballs with gingerhead.
Kinda felt like it was a combination of the two. The Jones' have gone a long ways to make this offense "Dak friendly". Guess we find out tomorrow exactly what that looks like and how effective it can be.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Kinda felt like it was a combination of the two. The Jones' have gone a long ways to make this offense "Dak friendly". Guess we find out tomorrow exactly what that looks like and how effective it can be.
Gone a long way? I'd call it that if we went out and signed big name players for him to throw to. Or used a top draft pick on it. Instead since Dak has arrived the best we have done is used a third round draft pick for him. Wouldn't really call that Dak friendly.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Gone a long way? I'd call it that if we went out and signed big name players for him to throw to. Or used a top draft pick on it. Instead since Dak has arrived the best we have done is used a third round draft pick for him. Wouldn't really call that Dak friendly.
They did a lot better than I expected.

Hurns being available at all was a pleasant surprise and I think they upgraded the top end speed and slot receiver positions. Gallup is underrated, and I think that suits him just fine.

Overall I think we dodged the overpriced Sammy Watkins bullet. I didn't think they could replace Dez in a year without breaking the bank, but I wasn't expecting a reasonably priced Hurns to be there. I think the team finally cut Dez because they were still recovering from their own surprise.

GShock

DCC 4Life
Feels like the wheels could come off a bit.

5-11, 6-10 or so

BipolarFuk

Demoted
We could be a couple of key injuries on D from an all timer bad season with the way this O looks.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
We could be a couple of key injuries on D from an all timer bad season with the way this O looks.
Yes, I was thinking that if we lose to the Giants we're probably 2-3 injuries away from going about 4-12.

I really couldn't care less as long as it means Garrett is gone.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Alright, let's hear them. How many wins do you think we'll end up with? Will we see some improvement from Dak? Will Jaylon take a massive jump and deliver on the Cowboys' gamble?

I have the Cowboys finishing 6-10. This is the first time in a very long while that I'm going into a season while having little to know faith in the Cowboys making the playoffs. The last time I felt this way was during the Campo years.

I think we'll be competitive most weeks but I just don't think we have the horses on offense or the coaching to win consistently.

Other than the overall 6-10 record hear are some of my other predictions for the 2018 Cowboys.

1. I think our strong pass rush coupled with Kris Richard's impact will result in a Cowboys defender leading the league in INTs.

2. Our leading receiver will have fewer than 45 receptions.

3. Zeke's overall stats will look great but I think his yards per carry will be in the low 4s. Since the Cowboys pass attack/TEs and WRs don't scare anyone, I think he'll face a ton of 8-man boxes.

4. The Cowboys defense will be a top 10 unit this year.

Right on pace for my 6 win prediction. Although by the looks of the upcoming schedule, hitting 6 could be a bit of a challenge.

Other than the INT thing my other predictions aren't looking too bad. Zeke's at 4.6 ypc at the moment and Beasley is currently on pace for approx. 70 receptions but after him it's pretty ugly.

Top Bottom