Cowboys 2018 Season Predictions

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Alright, let's hear them. How many wins do you think we'll end up with? Will we see some improvement from Dak? Will Jaylon take a massive jump and deliver on the Cowboys' gamble?

I have the Cowboys finishing 6-10. This is the first time in a very long while that I'm going into a season while having little to know faith in the Cowboys making the playoffs. The last time I felt this way was during the Campo years.

I think we'll be competitive most weeks but I just don't think we have the horses on offense or the coaching to win consistently.

Other than the overall 6-10 record hear are some of my other predictions for the 2018 Cowboys.

1. I think our strong pass rush coupled with Kris Richard's impact will result in a Cowboys defender leading the league in INTs.

2. Our leading receiver will have fewer than 45 receptions.

3. Zeke's overall stats will look great but I think his yards per carry will be in the low 4s. Since the Cowboys pass attack/TEs and WRs don't scare anyone, I think he'll face a ton of 8-man boxes.

4. The Cowboys defense will be a top 10 unit this year.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
INB4 thread rebuild

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
10-6

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Alright, let's hear them. How many wins do you think we'll end up with? Will we see some improvement from Dak? Will Jaylon take a massive jump and deliver on the Cowboys' gamble?

I have the Cowboys finishing 6-10. This is the first time in a very long while that I'm going into a season while having little to know faith in the Cowboys making the playoffs. The last time I felt this way was during the Campo years.
Good Dallas does best when the expectations are low. We crumble when they are high.

1bigfan13

Staff member
Good Dallas does best when the expectations are low. We crumble when they are high.
This is normally true. But in the past we had an offense that was capable of covering up a number of our shortcomings. For instance, even when the defense was bad you could count on the offense led by Dez, Romo, Witten, and Murray to keep you in games and even steal a few games along the way.

Now we don't have anywhere near that kind of talent at out skill positions, save for the RB position.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is normally true. But in the past we had an offense that was capable of covering up a number of our shortcomings. For instance, even when the defense was bad you could count on the offense led by Dez, Romo, Witten, and Murray to keep you in games and even steal a few games along the way.

Now we don't have anywhere near that kind of talent at out skill positions, save for the RB position.
This is the best I have felt about the defense in a long time.

1bigfan13

Staff member
This is the best I have felt about the defense in a long time.
Yeah, I think the defensive will be really good this year. Too bad we didn't have this defensive unit back in 2014 or 2016.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I purposely cut his legs from under him.

I deleted that post because I just read the title of the thread before reading your post and thought you were preempting Phil on his annual poll.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah, I think the defensive will be really good this year. Too bad we didn't have this defensive unit back in 2014 or 2016.
I agree, would have been nice to have this defense with one of those prolific offenses. I'm not as down on the offense as you are but the O-line worries me. We live or die by those men and Frederick being out worries me. He was always such an iron man. Now 1 injury could decimate this O-line.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
They will hustle for sure, but Woods/Ross in the middle is a shitshow. Also, the 2014 unit’s performance for the first part of the season was underrated.

On offense we really need Looney to be a normal NFL center. If we can get that, then Dak can spread the ball around well enough. He’s never going to strike fear in people, and certainly not with these receivers, but he can win close games.

Zeke’s out of shape rusty ass will mercilessly see 9 in the box. His character will be tested for sure.

Signs point to a steady team but not a potent one, short of us getting a crapload of turnovers defensively.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You need to come closer, about right here to really hear. :wave
Giving CBRock a grammar and spelling lesson. Now I need to give you a jockularity session.

CBRock quote. “. I here what you are saying”

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Giving CBRock a grammar and spelling lesson. Now I need to give you a jockularity session.

CBRock quote. “. I here what you are saying”
Did you see what I quoted... Read it and then maybe my response will make more sense to you.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
This looks like a really, really good spot for this.

:LT

Top Bottom