Conference Championship Weekend Chatter Thread | 1/19/20

data

Forbes #1
After getting to and winning his first NFCC in 2010, Aaron Rodgers has since lost his last three NFCCs with a 6 TD: 5 INT ratio.

Is it Aaron Rodgers lacking the magic in these last three NFCCs or is it he’s pulling a subpar cast as far as it can go?

For a guy that can be included in the GOAT conversations, going 1-4 isn’t doing him any favors.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

:lol

deadrise

DCC 4Life
So Jerry's dumpster fire of a franchise slides down one more rung into awfulness. KC hasn't been to a SB in 50 years, but now they're in one. And they were in the AFCC game last year. Been 25 years since Jerry's garbage truck of a team has been in a conf. championship game or a SB.

If SF wins it'll be their 6th SB win, bypassing Jerry's decades-long dumpster fire.

The Tenn. Titans, since '98, have 8 playoff wins, a SB appearance and an AFCC appearance. Since '98. Jerry's had 3 playoff wins and hasn't come close to an NFCC game.

But, hey, stay positive

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So Jerry's dumpster fire of a franchise slides down one more rung into awfulness. KC hasn't been to a SB in 50 years, but now they're in one. And they were in the AFCC game last year. Been 25 years since Jerry's garbage truck of a team has been in a conf. championship game or a SB.

If SF wins it'll be their 6th SB win, bypassing Jerry's decades-long dumpster fire.

The Tenn. Titans, since '98, have 8 playoff wins, a SB appearance and an AFCC appearance. Since '98. Jerry's had 3 playoff wins and hasn't come close to an NFCC game.

But, hey, stay positive
All history now. Might as well just look forward at thos point.

deadrise

DCC 4Life
And miss the chance to say the same thing over and over. Nah.
I like keeping people grounded in reality, that's all. All pre-season and during the season I kept hearing how talented the Cowboys were -- the same kind of blind optimism I see now. But when I watch these teams in the latter rounds of the playoffs I see how much better their schemes and execution are. Are their players that much more talented? Or is their coaching vastly better than what Dallas had?

It's probably the latter. And granted, Garrett is gone. But the guy who kept Garrett in place for 10 years is still the boss. And the guy who kept Marinelli as DC for 5 years is still the boss. The guy who hired McCarthy is still that same boss.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I like keeping people grounded in reality, that's all. All pre-season and during the season I kept hearing how talented the Cowboys were -- the same kind of blind optimism I see now. But when I watch these teams in the latter rounds of the playoffs I see how much better their schemes and execution are. Are their players that much more talented? Or is their coaching vastly better than what Dallas had?

It's probably the latter. And granted, Garrett is gone. But the guy who kept Garrett in place for 10 years is still the boss. And the guy who kept Marinelli as DC for 5 years is still the boss. The guy who hired McCarthy is still that same boss.
It's about 90% coaching, the 49ers offense is basically made up of an elite TE, FB, OT's, two good WR's, a JAG QB and a bunch of cast-off's on the interior OL and at RB. Switch coaching staffs and Garrett would maybe get the 49ers to 8-8, although I think that's a ceiling, while I think 13-3 would be Shannahan's floor with our roster.

Seeing how he has developed an elite running game with basically an elite TE/FB and a bunch of smoke and mirrors I think this roster would've been no worse than 14-2 with him and his staff.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner

It's probably the latter.
So you admit the talent wasn't the problem...

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
After getting to and winning his first NFCC in 2010, Aaron Rodgers has since lost his last three NFCCs with a 6 TD: 5 INT ratio.

Is it Aaron Rodgers lacking the magic in these last three NFCCs or is it he’s pulling a subpar cast as far as it can go?

For a guy that can be included in the GOAT conversations, going 1-4 isn’t doing him any favors.
I've heard and read a lot of whining from Aaron Rodgers apologists screaming that Rodgers doesn't play defense.....but those same people gloss over the fact that Rodgers had 3 turnovers on Sunday. I'm pretty sure those 3 turnovers had a significant impact on the game as well.

Sans that 2010 playoff run, the man is kinda average in the playoffs against everyone except the Cowboys.

Top Bottom