Conference Championship Weekend Chatter Thread | 1/19/20

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
It's about 90% coaching, the 49ers offense is basically made up of an elite TE, FB, OT's, two good WR's, a JAG QB and a bunch of cast-off's on the interior OL and at RB. Switch coaching staffs and Garrett would maybe get the 49ers to 8-8, although I think that's a ceiling, while I think 13-3 would be Shannahan's floor with our roster.

Seeing how he has developed an elite running game with basically an elite TE/FB and a bunch of smoke and mirrors I think this roster would've been no worse than 14-2 with him and his staff.
Did I miss something?

What about that elite defense based on elite talent over there?

lostxn

DCC 4Life
I've heard and read a lot of whining from Aaron Rodgers apologists screaming that Rodgers doesn't play defense.....but those same people gloss over the fact that Rodgers had 3 turnovers on Sunday. I'm pretty sure those 3 turnovers had a significant impact on the game as well.

Sans that 2010 playoff run, the man is kinda average in the playoffs against everyone except the Cowboys.
To be fair, he was getting his ass kicked - especially in the first half. Any QB under that much pressure looks bad. The protection improved in the second half and he started putting up points pretty quick. Fortunately the game was already put away.

Top Bottom