College Basketball Chatter

Kbrown

Not So New Member
He may not have gone full on N bomb, but I'm guessing it was far worse than piece of crap. Smart probably has some personal baggage that he brought up. That seems to set players off all the time.
Vernon Maxwell taking a swing at the fan who brought up his daughter who died comes to mind.

Whatever this guy said is compounded about 10x by the fact that these are college students and he is a doughy late-40s air traffic controller.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
See if you can hear what was said. I can't make it out.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Do they all get write-ups on the offical university website with a glowing endorsement from the head coach?

Just saying.
Maybe not but that write up was almost 4 years ago.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
See if you can hear what was said. I can't make it out.

He clearly says "You piece of crap" shortly after Smart tumbles into the crowd.

I was wrong. I though the guy had to have said something racial in nature to get that kind of reaction from a player. Being called a piece of crap is pretty tame compared to what's usually said to players on the court/field. Normally they block that petty trash talk out, that's why I thought something outside of typical trash talk set Smart off.

Smart has a short temper that he needs to learn to control. I said that yesterday before the allegations of the N-word were being thrown around.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
At about the 17 second mark you can clearly hear him yell, "You piece of crap".

Cotton

Staff member
Fisher is off the hook on twitter right now. Full on conspiracy about that video. Why can't Smart's voice be heard, etc.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Tamer than what I thought, but why the fuck is a 60 year old man calling a 19 year old a piece of crap? I don't get that.

Cotton

Staff member
The more I listen to it, I think 1big is right. I think he is saying you piece of crap. I feel better about Tech fans now. I was fully embarrassed earlier in the day thinking some stupid shit would actually resort to saying things like the N word or whatever.

Cotton

Staff member
Tamer than what I thought, but why the fuck is a 60 year old man calling a 19 year old a piece of crap? I don't get that.
I don't know. The only think I can think is he was mad that Smart just committed an intentional foul on one of his team's players. Piece of crap is mild. I mean, c'mon.

Kbrown

Not So New Member
Because the 19-year-old has to have thicker skin. Because.

Cotton

Staff member
If all he did was call him a piece of crap, this is a non-story from the Tech side of things.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Smart has apologized, but he has shown a short fuse and now seems to not be honest. He knew he blew it and fabricated something racial.

Carp

DCC 4Life
If all he did was call him a piece of crap, this is a non-story from the Tech side of things.
Feh. Still no sense in it...it was blown off when he flipped a kid off previously. Super. Fan.

Cotton

Staff member
Feh. Still no sense in it...it was blown off when he flipped a kid off previously. Super. Fan.
I haven't seen anything about him flipping a kid off.

EDIT: I just watched the video that Booze posted in the Test Thread. No call for that.

Last edited:

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
He clearly says 'you piece of crap negro, go back to Africa.' [/AlSharpton]

Kbrown

Not So New Member
The university easily could have banned him from games for the rest of the year. Instead they allowed him to voluntarily stay away, like a CEO stepping down from an under-performing company.

I find it all really annoying for some reason.

Cotton

Staff member
The university easily could have banned him from games for the rest of the year. Instead they allowed him to voluntarily stay away, like a CEO stepping down from an under-performing company.

I find it all really annoying for some reason.
So you think the university should publicly ban him for saying piece of crap?

Carp

DCC 4Life
So you think the university should publicly ban him for saying piece of crap?
Again...he has a history. He is not entitled to feel like he can engage opposing players...but by the university excusing his other antics they look like enablers.

Top Bottom