College Basketball Chatter

D

Deuce

He never calls timeouts in crunch time. His reasoning is he doesn't want the opposing coach to coach up his defense.

Either way, make your FT's and you're cutting down the nets. That's bit him in 2 title games now.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
He never calls timeouts in crunch time. His reasoning is he doesn't want the opposing coach to coach up his defense.

Either way, make your FT's and you're cutting down the nets. That's bit him in 2 title games now.
Yep. I also drew comparisons to that 2008 game against Kansas. I figured he should have known that there was plenty of time left for anything to happen based on Kansas making that comeback against his Memphis Tigers.

I kind of understand just letting the players play in that situations IF you have a team full of upperclassmen. Kentucky starts 5 Freshman. I can't recall if 5 Freshman were on the floor during that final minute but I'd imagine that at least 4 of the 5 were Freshmen.

I'm calling timeout in that situation and not leaving it up to a bunch of guys who were just at their High School prom 10 months ago.

Top Bottom