Chargers Stuff...

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I feel the 49ers game is the type that breaks proud men who thought they were one thing and were proven terribly wrong. I'm guessing the rest of the year goes pretty poorly.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I feel the 49ers game is the type that breaks proud men who thought they were one thing and were proven terribly wrong. I'm guessing the rest of the year goes pretty poorly.
You either get broken or you take it as a huge punch to your ego and step it up. At least this is a chance for the coaches to know they don't have shit yet.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
Gotta agree 💯
I believe that game is in our heads, and rightfully so. The Niners proved that they're on a level that we're not even close to. If it were a battle down to the final minute down to the wire, that would be one thing. But that was a massacre that was very telling.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
You either get broken or you take it as a huge punch to your ego and step it up. At least this is a chance for the coaches to know they don't have shit yet.
I was thinking about this very thing yesterday. Maybe it's time to admit we're just not that talented. Maybe all we are is just average/above average and nothing more.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Would you say that you’re an optimist?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I look at it like the Denver game a couple years ago.

We'll be fine because most of the league is mediocre or worse. We'll win double digit games most likely.

But against good teams that can exploit our weaknesses we're going to struggle, and we won't get over the hump that we've been trying to get over for 3 years now.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

We'll be fine because most of the league is mediocre or worse. We'll win double digit games most likely.

But against good teams that can exploit our weaknesses we're going to struggle, and we won't get over the hump that we've been trying to get over for 3 years now.
27 years now.

This is just about as good as it gets for us unless you think the braintrust can figure it out during the offseasons.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Stuck in mediocrity still. With a defense built to win big, but an offense regressing.

Genghis Khan

27 years now.

I think it's 28 if we're counting this year but yeah.

I'm just saying the core of this current team and coaching staff has had a ceiling of a mid tier playoff team for the past 3 years including this year.

Last edited:

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
How ironic we’re playing against our old unimaginative OC the very week after our current unimaginative OC had his worst showing of the year.

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life

Three years?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I was thinking about this very thing yesterday. Maybe it's time to admit we're just not that talented. Maybe all we are is just average/above average and nothing more.
I don't know if it is this or just that the 49ers are built to destroy us. Sometimes a certain team or coaching stuff is a bad match-up for a team. I'm starting to feel like the 49ers are just always going to beat us.

Genghis Khan

Three years?

I think you are misunderstanding what I mean. Prior to that we weren't even a playoff team so the ceiling was even lower.

I'm just talking about this coaching staff and core group of players.

In other words, they were a bad team in 2020, and took a step forward beginning in 2021 but they've stalled since then. So I'm saying it's disappointing that they haven't been able to get really any better since 21. They still have the same ceiling.

Obviously it's incredibly frustrating they haven't been to so much as a conference championship game since 95 but that's not what I'm referring to.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Even though the defense played poorly as well, they don't appear to be broken. Still a lot of chirping coming from the Cowboys D.

Can't say the same for Dak. He's trying to put on a brave face, but he looks done to me.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
I don't know if it is this or just that the 49ers are built to destroy us. Sometimes a certain team or coaching stuff is a bad match-up for a team. I'm starting to feel like the 49ers are just always going to beat us.
That's why this Chargers game is so interesting to me. I still don't have an honest grasp of who the real Cowboys are because of their wild swings in performances.

I think we'll have a better grasp of who this team is after the MNF game.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom