Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
two weeks and counting.....

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Oh, so the defending Super Bowl champs are starting the following season in a different spot than a team that didn't make the playoffs, has a new DC, and is attempting to overhaul the entire defense?

Fascinating. Stop the presses.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
It's a bit cliché but the keys to the game will be running the ball (to keep Tampa's pass rush off balance) and stopping the run (to control Tampa's play action game and let our pass rush tee off on Brady).

Brady isn't a guy who is going to just go 5-wide 25 times a game and pick you apart anymore, he's still a really good QB but a lot of their offensive design last year was predicated on play action, so controlling their run game is the key to controlling that. If we can stop the run and force them into obvious passing situations I think Lawrence/Gregory/Parsons could actually make things really difficult for their OL and Brady.

Conversely, Tampa's weak spot on defense is their secondary, if we can keep their pass rush off balance by running the ball I love our chances of hitting some big plays in the passing game. The problem of course is that Tampa has a very stout run defense with Suh/Vea/Gholston.

Offensively I think we should hold our own but I hate how our interior DL matches up with their OL. Lawrence/Gregory/Parsons/Neal can hold their own but I think they'll slowly get worn down as Tampa focuses on the interior run game and working play-action off of it.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Brady is going to pick us apart. I bet he wears out Brown.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Brady is going to pick us apart. I bet he wears out Brown.
If our d-line still plays at its annual trash level, Brady won’t even need to pick us apart because Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette will just run it down our throats the entire game.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
If our d-line still plays at its annual trash level, Brady won’t even need to pick us apart because Ronald Jones and Leonard Fournette will just run it down our throats the entire game.
Over #9's dead body.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Agreed. I think we're going to get run on all day.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hope you’re dead wrong. That means nothing has changed, and that can’t happen.
I don't think there is any shame in saying it may take the first string defense a little time to reach their potential. New system and basically zero snaps all together in preseason. It would surprise me if the defense looks totally different week 17 compared to week 1.

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Since @Iamtdg started this thread grossly early, I hope you all realize how he has now changed the timeline and we will get blown out by even more than we ever thought.
Not the first time he's been ... "premature." :drums

• Props
Reactions: p1_

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Since @Iamtdg started this thread grossly early, I hope you all realize how he has now changed the timeline and we will get blown out by even more than we ever thought.
Coming from the person that started a chatter thread the day before a game. The only "rules" we have is it has to be before the next game.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Coming from the person that started a chatter thread the day before a game. The only "rules" we have is it has to be before the next game.
That was preseason.

This game is for keeps. And you have now brought your evil upon us.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom