BTB: The Henry Melton Signing

hstour

Brand New Member
BTW, you can't count on Crawford next year, but completely discounting him isn't right either.
That's more what I am trying to say. I say in that nobody seems to remember that he is still on the team.

Sure there are a lot of "if's." But last year it was a lot of "O F*CK's!.

Carp

DCC 4Life
We have to settle far too much...it is a sad day when guys like McClain and Mincey are guys we get excited about.

hstour

Brand New Member
Easy for you to "bet" that when one of them is likely to be asking for $10 million a year and the other was ok with $4 million.
You don't know that. I love when message board posters claim inside knowledge of negotiations.

What you hear it on Twitter? Ed Werder proved that you can't trust that.

And even if you are completely correct. It showed fiscal restraint and still got the younger player with a higher upside.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
He is obviously going to be better than off the street guys you've never heard of that we were throwing out as starters last year. And I don't care if he is in a boot, hopping on one leg. :art

But he is supposedly healed and looking for a job. Doesn't seem to be getting one, so we shouldn't pick him up on the cheap and make use of him?

That's silly GM'ing.
He's not "obviously" going to be anything or do anything of note after that injury.

hstour

Brand New Member
We have to settle far too much...it is a sad day when guys like McClain and Mincey are guys we get excited about.
And that is the difference. I didn't say I was EXCITED. I was making a logical comparison from last year to this year on the D-Line.

I don't have any pom poms out.

Except for these:

85250.jpg

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Nice to know that you have read the medical report.....
Nice to know you have, since I'm casting doubt and you're the one calling his recovery "obvious". Since you're the one who is so certain.

hstour

Brand New Member
Come on man...microfracture surgery is about as bad as it gets.
And how many NFL, NBA players have had it and come back? Yes it is bad, but all he has to do is be better than street guys that couldn't even make a practice squad.

Quit acting like this DL was anything more that future truck drivers last year.

Last edited:

hstour

Brand New Member
Nice to know you have, since I'm casting doubt and you're the one calling his recovery "obvious". Since you're the one who is so certain.
No, I said he could equal Ware's one armed output from last year.

And if he can't, then one of the backup/rotation FAs signed can.

This isn't rocket science. But you would rather talk about me than the DL like I am.

Try bringing some real facts to the discussion.

Carp

DCC 4Life
And how many NFL, NBA players have had it and come back? Yes it is bad, but all he has to do is be better that street guys that couldn't even make a practice squad.

Quit acting like this DL was anything more that future truck drivers last year.
I'm a homer too, but you talk in certainties about players you know jack shit about.

Quit acting like this DL is anything more than future truck drivers.

Carp

DCC 4Life

This isn't rocket science. But you would rather talk about me than the DL like I am.

Real facts? Your opinion is not fact.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard

Sure. It's a fact that an undersized career underachiever's recovery from microfracture surgery to the point where they are better than younger, healthier, players who are not undersized is not "obvious". You condescending little moron.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Replacing Ware and Hatcher with Melton and Spencer is not an upgrade. I like Ford, so maybe he could get 6 sacks, but Tuitt is not a 4-3 DE.
Nor should he be had at the end of the first, or top of the second as was intimated.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Better depth, clearly. The team is committed to bringing in actual experienced NFL players and not keeping the Bass's and Hayden's of the world in their back pockets while secretly praying Josh-Brent can suddenly play again.

Marinelli clearly has the ear of management and his HC, he knows what he needs, and he's getting it. He really earned my respect last year enough that I honestly think he didn't have close to the horses he needed because the idiot GM was clinging to Brent fantasies and a vision of Ware and Ratliff from 2007.
Marinelli is the new FJ.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He is obviously going to be better than off the street guys you've never heard of that we were throwing out as starters last year. And I don't care if he is in a boot, hopping on one leg. :art

But he is supposedly healed and looking for a job. Doesn't seem to be getting one, so we shouldn't pick him up on the cheap and make use of him?

That's silly GM'ing.
In my opinion now is the time to divorce from Spencer and find a youngster in the draft to fill the roster. This draft is supposed to have a lot of good defensive players.

hstour

Brand New Member
Real facts? Your opinion is not fact.
Fair enough

Demarcus Ware 2014:

TCKL 40 SCK 6.0 FF 0 INT 1

How hard will it be for a journeyman DE to reproduce those numbers? Those are journeyman numbers.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Fair enough

Demarcus Ware 2014:

TCKL 40 SCK 6.0 FF 0 INT 1

How hard will it be for a journeyman DE to reproduce those numbers? Those are journeyman numbers.
Glad Ware has moved on, but you know he would have had more production had he not been injured.

In the interest of fairness, let's look at the last season Mincey started 16 games...35 tackles, 3 sacks. He's the definition of a journeyman...enjoy the facts homes.

Top Bottom