Broncos at Cowboys | Week 5 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/6/2013

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
As an aside, the Broncos pretty much get away with murder. Romo was absolutely right about the clutching and grabbing from their secondary. They called it once, I think, but they could have called it about ten times. And how do they not call the pick plays?

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now that I have had a night to sober up and have calmed down...

Yep, still blame Romo. Sorry.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dallas will win the division and go to the playoffs. I have spoken.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Me too (I have slept off my original angst).

I will say this, I feel the D put us in a horrific position of having to match and keep pace with Manning
and those receivers. We couldn't expect to do that and win, realistically.

When you throw the ball that much, it's gonna happen. Manning threw a pick for crying out loud. How long had
it been for his golden armed ass?

Mo Claiborne got a taste of redemption I thought.

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
Me too. I will say this, I feel the D put us in a horrific position of having to match and keep pace with Manning
and those receivers. We couldn't expect to do that and win, realistically.

When you throw the ball that much, it's gonna happen. Manning threw a pick for crying out loud. How long had
it been for his golden armed ass?
Mo Claiborne got a taste of redemption I thought.
I guess wen could have run more to keep the D off the field, but this game did not call for it. Romo was killing them

townsend

Banned
Romo chokes on your words.
More likely he'll choke on his own blood. The thing that people don't seem to remember about Tony's 'win or go home game' record is the shear incompetence of the offensive line in those games. Last year he was only sacked twice, but he was rushed the entire game, resulting in one of his trademark rib injuries. In 2011 he was sacked 6 times by the giants in what could be generously described as the offensive line giving up on football. In 2009 He was sacked 6 times, and was hit on virtually every play by the Vikings. In 08, in the infamous 6-44 game Romo was sacked 3 times, and had to evade (or failed to evade) rushers the entire game. In fact the 1-3 shit the team took in the end of 08 was punctuated by an average of 3 sacks per game.

The amazing thing about the Tony Romo choker narrative, is it disregards all the come from behind victories and amazing games he's had in between. If he had delivered in this game, he'd been treated to a bunch of "that was okay, I guess, but wait till December". Just like he was in 2011 when he brought the team back against the 49ers on a broken rib, only to be labeled a choke artist again at earliest convenience. That's called a confirmation bias, it's what happens when you ignore things that don't agree with you.

Most people probably don't remember the perfect game Romo pitched against the Giants in 2011 in Dallas, where despite a flawless performance, and a 12 point lead in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, the team choked away his efforts that would have clinched them a playoff spot. That's not valid information of course, because it doesn't point to Romo as a choker.

p1_

DCC 4Life
Williams appears to have had a nice coming out party. Miles Austin who? Whatta nice play
that bomb was....

You see how we finally stretched the field again yesterday?

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
More likely he'll choke on his own blood. The thing that people don't seem to remember about Tony's 'win or go home game' record is the shear incompetence of the offensive line in those games. Last year he was only sacked twice, but he was rushed the entire game, resulting in one of his trademark rib injuries. In 2011 he was sacked 6 times by the giants in what could be generously described as the offensive line giving up on football. In 2009 He was sacked 6 times, and was hit on virtually every play by the Vikings. In 08, in the infamous 6-44 game Romo was sacked 3 times, and had to evade (or failed to evade) rushers the entire game. In fact the 1-3 shit the team took in the end of 08 was punctuated by an average of 3 sacks per game.

The amazing thing about the Tony Romo choker narrative, is it disregards all the come from behind victories and amazing games he's had in between. If he had delivered in this game, he'd been treated to a bunch of "that was okay, I guess, but wait till December". Just like he was in 2011 when he brought the team back against the 49ers on a broken rib, only to be labeled a choke artist again at earliest convenience. That's called a confirmation bias, it's what happens when you ignore things that don't agree with you.

Most people probably don't remember the perfect game Romo pitched against the Giants in 2011 in Dallas, where despite a flawless performance, and a 12 point lead in the last few minutes of the 4th quarter, the team choked away his efforts that would have clinched them a playoff spot. That's not valid information of course, because it doesn't point to Romo as a choker.

For all the greatness that is Tony Romo, he has one wildcard win in his career and multiple late game choke jobs. But if it makes you feel better, keep clinging to the blind hope that it isn't his fault and the 'next' time will be different.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Williams appears to have had a nice coming out party. Miles Austin who? Whatta nice play
that bomb was....

You see how we finally stretched the field again yesterday?
He played well yesterday...it could have been easy for him to be tentative after the SD game, but he played great.

townsend

Banned
For all the greatness that is Tony Romo, he has one wildcard win in his career and multiple late game choke jobs. But if it makes you feel better, keep clinging to the blind hope that it isn't his fault and the 'next' time will be different.
This is a very old argument. VEEEEERY old. We just saw this guy chuck 5tds and go toe to toe with a team that has to date grossly outclassed everyone else in the league, including the "elite" Super Bowl winner Eli Manning. Is he not elite anymore? He must be. Super bowl records are much more important than productivity.

Speaking of that Aaron Rodgers has only had one year (2010) with a successful playoff run. Apart from that he's had a whole lot of first round playoff losses. He must suck, except for that one year.

Drew Brees hasn't had a playoff win since 2009, I guess he's just been a terrible choker ever since.

For all his good play, Romo's been stuck on fundamentally flawed teams, that cannot afford for him to make a mistake. Teams like that don't win playoff games. (Unless it's the Patriots). That's why he can throw 5 TDs and still get blamed for a loss.

I get that your butt hurt. I'm kinda checked out at this point or I'd be butt hurt too. This is just silly though.

Genghis Khan

So Tyron Smith steps on Romo's foot as Romo throws the ball because the defensive lineman is pushing him hard into the pocket, and therefore Romo physically can't follow through on the throw, and even still the defender had to make a great play on the ball and dive for the interception, that's Romo's fault?

Retarded. Sorry but it's retarded.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
I get it guys. To some of you Tony does no wrong. It's always someone else's fault. It will be different next time....and stuff.

D

Deuce

So Tyron Smith steps on Romo's foot as Romo throws the ball because the defensive lineman is pushing him hard into the pocket, and therefore Romo physically can't follow through on the throw, and even still the defender had to make a great play on the ball and dive for the interception, that's Romo's fault?

Retarded. Sorry but it's retarded.
Two things:

1. So you're saying Tyron Smith sucks? Ok, I agree. :art

2. I don't care that he couldn't fully step into the throw because it shouldn't have been made at all. There were 3 defenders coming down on Escobar including the trailing DB who made the play while Murray was open for the dump off pass where he could have turned and run for another 5 or so. There wasn't just 30 seconds left and we needed to push it. He could have taken what the D gave him. Like Dungy said, "just make the ordinary play" in that situation. He needs to make the right read and throw first before worrying about an OL stepping on his toes.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not going to quote every idiotic thing said in this thread, but if you think that loss was on Romo, good lord you need your head examined.

The pocket collapsed on Romo on that throw and he couldn't step up into the throw. That pick was on the offensive line.

Genghis Khan

I get it guys. To some of you Tony does no wrong. It's always someone else's fault. It will be different next time....and stuff.
You are making up the "it'll be different" argument. That's not the argument and I don't think anyone even said that.

The question is whether Romo is to blame for yesterday's loss. And you are a flaming, drooling, window-licking retard if you think that loss was Romo's fault. You can move the target and invoke propensity all you want but it is irrelevant to the specific circumstances that occurred yesterday.

I've been criticizing Romo all year so the Romo can do no wrong criticism is a false narrative designed to deflect attention from the inadequacy of the merit of your argument on the actual issue, which is Romo's performance yesterday.

Romo's performance yesterday is among the best in Nfl history.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
You are making up the "it'll be different" argument. That's not the argument and I don't think anyone even said that.

The question is whether Romo is to blame for yesterday's loss. And you are a flaming, drooling, window-licking retard if you think that loss was Romo's fault. You can move the target and invoke propensity all you want but it is irrelevant to the specific circumstances that occurred yesterday.

I've been criticizing Romo all year so the Romo can do no wrong criticism is a false narrative designed to deflect attention from the inadequacy of the merit of your argument on the actual issue, which is Romo's performance yesterday.

Romo's performance yesterday is among the best in Nfl history.
Romo choked in the clutch. It's what he does. Many things factored into the loss. But in the clutch, tie game, final minutes....Romo throws one of his infamous INT's into triple coverage. He choked.

townsend

Banned
It won't be different, frankly I didn't think Tony had another season in him like this. And we've managed to piss it away. We'll always have a sub par team around him. We'll never have a cohesive and competent coaching staff in place, we'll never have a dependable running game, we'll never address the offensive and defensive lines. We'll consistently have Ratliffs, and Austins, Colombos, and Newmans, Barbers, and Roy Williamses weighing down the team. Hell in a year or two that'll probably be Romo. But as I stated before, the guy has only 2 INTs on the season. I don't know what you expect out of him, but he can't possibly choking so hard that throwing less than an interception per loss is costing us the games.

I suspect you'll have another glib response or none at all. When in doubt the debating tactics of prepubescent girls is a good way to avoid thinking about another person's perspective.

Genghis Khan

Two things:

1. So you're saying Tyron Smith sucks? Ok, I agree. :art

2. I don't care that he couldn't fully step into the throw because it shouldn't have been made at all. There were 3 defenders coming down on Escobar including the trailing DB who made the play while Murray was open for the dump off pass where he could have turned and run for another 5 or so. There wasn't just 30 seconds left and we needed to push it. He could have taken what the D gave him. Like Dungy said, "just make the ordinary play" in that situation. He needs to make the right read and throw first before worrying about an OL stepping on his toes.
Disagree on both counts, but I applaud you for actually having a legit argument other than LOLZCHOKER!!!!!!1111!!!LICK!!!!!

But yeah Romo was pimping all game, that very same play worked very well earlier, it was open, and would have worked again had Romo not been stepped on. No reason in the world to check down there.

Top Bottom