Broncos at Cowboys | Week 5 Game Day Chatter Thread | 10/6/2013

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
Damn.

I was going to gloat all week if the Cowboys won.

Screw you Romo for taking that from me.

2233boys

Not So New Member
Best way I could put it.

You could not have wrapped up a shitty loss any more effectively.

And yep, it is on Romo.

Regardless of what he did before...he made that brutal error that cost the team.
The defense cost them the game. They were horrible and it's been like this all year.

Bob Roberts

Professor StinkFinger
Like I said, this defense was beyond horrible all day. They and Weekend at Monte's gets 90 percent of the blame.

But did anyone think he wasn't going to fuck up after having an amazing all-timer game up to that point?

I think even he thought he would

1bigfan13

Staff member
Doesn't change that his OL tripped him and fine, the loss is on Romo yet again. Everyone else gets a pass. These players must love having Romo on this team. They do fuck all all day, he keeps them in the game, makes one mistake, and no one talks about anything else. They all go home, he gets the abuse.

If you want to suck, just cut him, he is what makes us 8-8 instead of 3-13, so just cut him tomorrow. And let Jerry draft the next Quincy Carter.
Whaa....Guess what. He's the QB so he gets too much credit for wins and too much blame for losses.

That's the nature of the position. Always has been, always will be.

Plus when he agreed to accept that $100M contract he knew the expectations.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Like I said, this defense was beyond horrible all day. They and Weekend at Monte's gets 90 percent of the blame.

But did anyone think he wasn't going to fuck up after having an amazing all-timer game up to that point?

I think even he thought he would
Exactly.

I don't blame him for the loss, but you're either naive or a blind homer if you weren't even the slightest bit worried about him throwing a pick in that situation.

It's what he has always done.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
Doesn't change that his OL tripped him and fine, the loss is on Romo yet again. Everyone else gets a pass. These players must love having Romo on this team. They do fuck all all day, he keeps them in the game, makes one mistake, and no one talks about anything else. They all go home, he gets the abuse.

If you want to suck, just cut him, he is what makes us 8-8 instead of 3-13, so just cut him tomorrow. And let Jerry draft the next Quincy Carter.
Maybe. Or we could draft a QB that doesn't choke whenever a game or season is on the line. Put me down with taking my chances on another QB. I already know we'll never win shat with our current choke artist.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
It was Romo's fault. Do not deny him his due. He did it last year in the second Redskins game. He throws interceptions with 1:50 to go on the clock. That's just what he does.

Carl

RIP Brother
Nobody gets a pass, but nobody makes the ultimate game changing play like he did either.
They all get a pass. Whats the narrative going to be? Romo again. Very few in the media will mention the D. They are too lazy. I am really fucking pissed off now, I am even hitting the keys on my keyboard with added vigor. I may use capitals next.

asklesko

Whoa An Active DCCer
The D did its job. It held Manning to 3. All Romo had to do was not throw interceptions. He can't do that.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
48 points vs. Broncos....loss.
16 points vs. Chiefs....loss.

This team will alway choke one way or another.

1bigfan13

Staff member
What pissed me off is that for the 2nd straight week the defense showed no interest in covering any of the underneath routes over the middle. They were just giving up 8 free yards on every pass over the middle.

It was pathetic.

The Cowboy defenders were literally 10 yards away from the Bronco receivers on those underneath routes.

Kiffin better fix that.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I feel like Escobar ran his route too deep...still a bad decision.

p1_

DCC 4Life
The defense is bad, esp the secondary .
It doesn't give Romo a pass though. He reverted to form today. Vintage Romo.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
They all get a pass. Whats the narrative going to be? Romo again. Very few in the media will mention the D. They are too lazy. I am really fucking pissed off now, I am even hitting the keys on my keyboard with added vigor. I may use capitals next.
My God.

Romo throws the game away and you are focusing on the perimeter details?

He made the crucial mistake, that despite...every...fucking stat, detail, etc...that anyone can come up with cost us the game.

There is this little thing.

It is called awareness.

And making the smart play with the game in mind Romo's job.

It is not always his job to win the game.

It certainly was not that in the situation he threw the interceptions.

He's a fucking savant that acts like a retard when you ask him a specific common sense question.

Best way I can put it.

Top Bottom