BBQ Thread

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Does it taste normal. Seems like it would change the texture.
Hard to say. I mean it seemed fine at the time. Mom always bought creamy peanut butter and since I have grown up I only eat crunchy peanut butter, so like I said, hard to say.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Hard to say. I mean it seemed fine at the time. Mom always bought creamy peanut butter and since I have grown up I only eat crunchy peanut butter, so like I said, hard to say.
For some reason I just can't imagine it tasting normal and I think it's a texture thing. Like it would just turn into runny, sweet tasting peanut butter instead of two distinct flavors.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
For some reason I just can't imagine it tasting normal and I think it's a texture thing. Like it would just turn into runny, sweet tasting peanut butter instead of two distinct flavors.
I do remember it being very sweet.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
PB&J ribs were good, but the PB&J BBQ sauce was the real champion.

Sometimes it's good to try something new.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I used apple jelly, so it was only a subtle difference in the ribs.

I combined PB&J, some apple juice, apple cider vineger, and my normal rib spices and herbs for the sauce and I could just about drink that shit.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I used apple jelly, so it was only a subtle difference in the ribs.

I combined PB&J, some apple juice, apple cider vineger, and my normal rib spices and herbs for the sauce and I could just about drink that shit.
You are a great disappointment.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I am getting to the point in life that I BBQ way more food than I can eat. I smoke some serious meats 2-3 times per meat that I will never be able to consume. I currently have containers of food in the fridge along with meat in que to be smoked. Is the way my life is now?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
You are great.
Thanks @boozeman, but I never would have thought of it without your help.

You, my dear old internets friend, are due many thanks for introducing me to PB&JBBQ.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I am getting to the point in life that I BBQ way more food than I can eat. I smoke some serious meats 2-3 times per meat that I will never be able to consume. I currently have containers of food in the fridge along with meat in que to be smoked. Is the way my life is now?
I get like that during the summer a lot of times because we're always outside.

Freeze that shit and use it for nachos later on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

When I go to New Orleans, the last thing I am looking for is BBQ.

Top Bottom