Banner

p1_

DCC 4Life
To be honest, a lot of you weren't "originals".

If you didn't come from the old dc.net forums and weren't here from DCC I launch day, you were not an "original".
I think I’m OG

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

If you didn't come from the old dc.net forums and weren't here from DCC I launch day, you were not an "original".
Wasn't it thecowboys.net, the old mazevo board?

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I hate i missed the Rant chatter. He was Trojans14 at one point and was banned by sbk92 for his Taylor Hicks hate, right?

Rant kept up with the college game and was always an interesting read leading up to the draft.

I enjoyed talking beer with him in the Beer thread, and he really kickstarted my obsession with trying every different kind of beer i can find.

Like others menti9ned, he was a posting force in the Music thread, and in an eery twist he posted this song a day or two before his death. I listen to it pretty regularly and have spilled a few beers out for our good friend.

Back then we could put our own custom user titles. He was talking shit one day in the Test thread a week or so before he passed, so I mentioned that he should change his title to Igno, and he did...he struck me as a smart yet humble guy who knew how to enjoy himself. I do miss the liveliness and intelligent discussions he brought to the board.

Continue to rest easy, buddy.

Last edited:

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I hate i missed the Rant chatter. He was Trojans14 at one point and was banned by sbk92 for his Taylor Hicks hate, right?

Rant kept up with the college game and was always an interesting read leading up to the draft.

I enjoyed talking beer with him in the Beer thread, and he really kickstarted my obsession with trying every different kind of beer i can find.

Like others menti9ned, he was a posting force in the Music thread, and in an eery twist he posted this song a day or two before his death. I listen to it pretty regularly and have spilled a few beers out for our good friend.

Back then we could put our own custom user titles. He was talking shit one day in the Test thread a week or so before he passed, so I mentioned that he should change his title to Igno, and he did...he struck me as a smart yet humble guy who knew how to enjoy himself. I do miss the liveliness and intelligent discussions he brought to the board.

Continue to rest easy, buddy.
God damn allergies. ~looks up blinking rapidly~

Foobio

DCC 4Life
Is anyone in touch with Michael’s widow? I’m just wondering if she knows it‘s been posted.

Smitty

DCC 4Life

He was even less original than me. Him and Ace too I think... both came over around the same time.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I know that Myself and Smitty have been here since day one... we came over (from the ESPN boards).
I wasn’t here Day 1 but it was super early. I wanna say 2004. I remember 2003 I was on the ESPN boards arguing about Hambrick vs. Emmitt, since that’s when we parted with him.

2004 I was definitely here.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Is anyone in touch with Michael’s widow? I’m just wondering if she knows it‘s been posted.
I'm not sure that he was married, thought they were engaged.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
They definitely weren't married, not sure if they were engaged or not. There was an old Facebook group of his personal friends/family, not sure if it's active or even exists anymore but if anybody was a part of it that might be a good place to mention it.

Cotton

Staff member
They definitely weren't married, not sure if they were engaged or not. There was an old Facebook group of his personal friends/family, not sure if it's active or even exists anymore but if anybody was a part of it that might be a good place to mention it.
They were recently engaged when it happened.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Austin360 throughout the 1990’s. LT, VA, and others were on that “board.”

Then Mazevo, and within a year or two suddenly bipo, booze, ez, and sbk disappeared.

I heard a new board had been made, did a quick search, and joined. This is really the only place I’ve seriously posted since

Umer19

Brand New Member
Okay, so let's start talking banner. I still don't know how much it's going to be but regardless we need to get a plan together on design. A couple of my thoughts below. I would like to hear yours.

1. I don't think we need to put a current player on it. I think it needs to be an icon (Landry, Irvin, Emmitt, etc).

2. Do we like the "Dallas Cowboys Central" design in the banner, or should we blow the whole thing up and have her send up some examples?

3. I think having the 5 SB trophies in it might be a good idea.

4. Maybe the Cowboys helmet somewhere on it?
I would say, Put Staubach or Aikman and the 5 trophies based on how much each quarterback won? and on each end of the banner the helmet

Cotton

Staff member
I would say, Put Staubach or Aikman and the 5 trophies based on how much each quarterback won? and on each end of the banner the helmet
You have any photoshop skills?

Top Bottom