Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
2nd game of 1993. At home vs the Bills Cowboys throw over 40 times without Emmitt Smith in the lineup and score a whole 10 points with Aikman tossing a goal line pick to lose at the end. You could have the greatest QB, WRs, TE, and even the Great Wall of Dallas-- and still lose at home without the threat of a running game.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
And a defense.

Neither Harbaugh nor Carroll would ever tolerate him, but Romo's best chance for success would be on teams like that. Run the ball, play good defense, need your QB to win you a couple games a year instead of [regardless of score], "let's go shotgun and see if we can't throw our way out of/the other team back into this game."

I've seen that movie. I know how it ends.
That's some silly shit to say. Parcells could handle him. I think any strong coach could get Romo by the nuts and make him play mostly the way they want him to. If any coach had Romo and didn't have a strong other option they'd roll with him and control him the best they could and on a team without Jerry Jones in the owners' box he'd have to shut up and do his job.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

p1_

DCC 4Life
2nd game of 1993. At home vs the Bills Cowboys throw over 40 times without Emmitt Smith in the lineup and score a whole 10 points with Aikman tossing a goal line pick to lose at the end. You could have the greatest QB, WRs, TE, and even the Great Wall of Dallas-- and still lose at home without the threat of a running game.
I remember we fell to 0-2, becoming the first team to begin the season losing the first
2 and go on to win the SB.

D

Deuce

Is that from a real incident today or is it just a stock photo the paper has for when the inevitable happens?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Is that from a real incident today or is it just a stock photo the paper has for when the inevitable happens?
:lol

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
I expect a Jerry presser any second:

This validates our LB pick relative to where he was taken in the 3rd round if Sean is out for an indefinite amount of time, relative to the season starting tomorrow.

We feel really good about this position.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Yep. Not frail at all

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Fricking shorts and shirts and he needs help walking off the field?

:picard

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
No worries, it's probably "just" a hamstring.

He'll come back in plenty of time to re-injure it before training camp.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

D

Deuce

Love how we get all of these injury prone "leaders".
The good news is, someone can come back from an ACL in 9 months in some cases. Guess what's 9 months from now? You guessed it, the Super Bowl. We'll keep him lingering on the roster instead of the IR all year with hopes of bringing him back for the big game.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member
The good news is, someone can come back from an ACL in 9 months in some cases. Guess what's 9 months from now? You guessed it, the Super Bowl. We'll keep him lingering on the roster instead of the IR all year with hopes of bringing him back for the big game.

He can be on IR and watch the big game with the rest of the team.

VA Cowboy

Brand New Member

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom