Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I'll concede Murray could have been open. I don't see any openings otherwise unless there is something out of the camera view. Based on the 3 or so seconds the play lasted its probably a safe bet that no other receiver got that far out of camera range. It's conjecture I know but the out come of the play is a pretty common ending in the NFL on an all out blitz.
Regardless, he could have stepped out of the pocket and thrown in away even if nothing was there. He gave up a lot of sacks last year by just laying down. This was just one example.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Regardless, he could have stepped out of the pocket and thrown in away even if nothing was there. He gave up a lot of sacks last year by just laying down. This was just one example.
I will still take Romo over most of the QBs in the league. I would hate to think what the won loss numbers would have been without him.

Cotton

Staff member
I will still take Romo over most of the QBs in the league. I would hate to think what the won loss numbers would have been without him.
Has nothing to do with him playing like a scared woman last year.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I'd guess 5-11... the only difference between Campo and Garrett is ginger has a qb

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Dallas QBs were sacked just a little over 2 times per game last season. That was 7th best in the league.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I'll concede Murray could have been open. I don't see any openings otherwise unless there is something out of the camera view. Based on the 3 or so seconds the play lasted its probably a safe bet that no other receiver got that far out of camera range. It's conjecture I know but the out come of the play is a pretty common ending in the NFL on an all out blitz.
You can see Harris the last few seconds cutting across the top, with a trailing defender. Even when they're out of the scene, you can still see their shadows. Looks to me he had a couple steps on him.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
You can see Harris the last few seconds cutting across the top, with a trailing defender. Even when they're out of the scene, you can still see their shadows. Looks to me he had a couple steps on him.
Could be. Ok. Romo is a shit. How's that. :art

Cotton

Staff member
That's just fine.

But for the record, you're the only one here who's said that.
Yep. I never said he was worthless. Just that he acted like a little bitch last year many times.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Romo doesn't have the acceleration, arm strength, or accuracy to take off and throw on the run like he used to.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I listened to some of that interview where those Romo quotes came from and he mostly spoke of the OL improvements in the context of giving him more time, pass protection and such. Somebody in this god damn organization needs to rein in him, Garrett or whatever clusterfuck concoction is running our offense because the only way this team has any chance of winning big, and the only way Romo has any chance of staying healthy and productive for several years, is if we have a balanced, if not run-first offense.

The strength of this team is going to be the OL and we need to use that to manage games, Romo, the defense, everything. It has the potential to be a unit you can build an entire team around but it goes to waste if Romo and Garrett are running around out there like a couple of fucking cowboys, throwing the ball 40 times a game because that's the security blanket they run back to whenever things get tense.

Control the LOS, control the flow of the game, keep the opposing pass rush off balance, keep our defense off the field, use play-action effectively and that's how we're going to win games and keep Romo on the field.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I listened to some of that interview where those Romo quotes came from and he mostly spoke of the OL improvements in the context of giving him more time, pass protection and such. Somebody in this god damn organization needs to rein in him, Garrett or whatever clusterfuck concoction is running our offense because the only way this team has any chance of winning big, and the only way Romo has any chance of staying healthy and productive for several years, is if we have a balanced, if not run-first offense.

The strength of this team is going to be the OL and we need to use that to manage games, Romo, the defense, everything. It has the potential to be a unit you can build an entire team around but it goes to waste if Romo and Garrett are running around out there like a couple of fucking cowboys, throwing the ball 40 times a game because that's the security blanket they run back to whenever things get tense.

Control the LOS, control the flow of the game, keep the opposing pass rush off balance, keep our defense off the field, use play-action effectively and that's how we're going to win games and keep Romo on the field.
Yep, and that's why Garrett is going to fail. He's just like Jerry. He'd rather go 8-8 "his way" than win. He's a stubborn, arrogant frick and he and Romo will go down throwing when they should run.

Cotton

Staff member

:lol

dallen

Senior Tech
Even Elway relied on the running game late in his career

p1_

DCC 4Life
Even Elway relied on the running game late in his career
To take it further, they didn't win the big one UNTIL they found a running game and relied on it. By then, Elway's abilities were well established.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Argh argh faux outrage

GShock

DCC 4Life
To take it further, they didn't win the big one UNTIL they found a running game and relied on it. By then, Elway's abilities were well established.
And a defense.

Neither Harbaugh nor Carroll would ever tolerate him, but Romo's best chance for success would be on teams like that. Run the ball, play good defense, need your QB to win you a couple games a year instead of [regardless of score], "let's go shotgun and see if we can't throw our way out of/the other team back into this game."

I've seen that movie. I know how it ends.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
And a defense.

Neither Harbaugh nor Carroll would ever tolerate him, but Romo's best chance for success would be on teams like that. Run the ball, play good defense, need your QB to win you a couple games a year instead of [regardless of score], "let's go shotgun and see if we can't throw our way out of/the other team back into this game."

I've seen that movie. I know how it ends.
That's how Ben Roethlisberger succeeded. Parcells said he was the most talented QB prospect he'd seen in a decade in 2004, but the Steelers didn't rely on him. Far from it, they only unleashed him at the end of close games, allowing their running game and defense to control most contests.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom