Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
So, we sign Melton and all of a sudden we have filled our big needs and have the luxury to go BPA?

God damn.
Dude, he did not just mention Melton. He mentioned Mincey specifically.

We got Mincey. DE not a need anymore. BPA.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
DL is still a priority, just don't have to force it. I do think we might look as much at LB as DL.
I get it, but if signing trash like Mincey and especially McClain does more than give insurance for disaster of your targets not being available...you are doing it wrong.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Feh. We're getting at least 1 DE in the draft, no doubt...early too.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I look at it this way...Jerry had a bright shiny DE/OLB for a long time, he'll try to replicate that.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Hmmm... That looks like it might be a good idea.

Maybe we should have thought of it before.

Last edited:

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Hmmm... That looks like it might be a good idea.

Maybe we should have thought of it before.
That is what blows my mind the most.

So...last year was such an eye opener? Really? WTF were they thinking all along?

They were just unlucky?

BTW, he did mention that about luck. He said he didn't know if it was "bad luck" or not but they are looking to keep that from happening.

Unreal.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Feh. We're getting at least 1 DE in the draft, no doubt...early too.
No way you can sat that without a doubt.

Hell, they are already spouting about BPA instead of need because of their fantastic offseason moves.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Hell, they are already spouting about BPA instead of need because of their fantastic offseason moves.
Jesus, everyone here preaches BPA but now it's reason to bitch as well.

Cotton

Staff member
I believe in BPA, but there is a balance that has to be maintained. You have to keep your needs in mind as well. If our dipshit FO believes they have solved our DL problems with our FA period so far, I can easily see them ignoring it in the draft and going BPA like CB or TE early.

junk

Not So New Member
I believe in BPA, but there is a balance that has to be maintained. You have to keep your needs in mind as well. If our dipshit FO believes they have solved our DL problems with our FA period so far, I can easily see them ignoring it in the draft and going BPA like CB or TE early.
I really believe that the Dallas scouting staff artificially inflates the grades of certain positions. Not intentionally, but those positions that they have had luck at in the past (or those that they can get a lot of snaps out of young guys at) are rated higher. Scouts can say "Hey, I did my job, look how much he played!"

Positions that the team continues to draft over and over. CB, TE, LB, WR in particular.

Carp

DCC 4Life

What would make you feel better? Does IMO work for you?

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Being lied to makes people angry.

They aren't going to take BPA, they are going to get cute and f*ck around. BPA is going to be code for drafting more players like Escobar.

Cotton

Staff member

Thinly-veiled shot at his Daddeh? :lol

D

Deuce

Being lied to makes people angry.

They aren't going to take BPA, they are going to get cute and f*ck around. BPA is going to be code for drafting more players like Escobar.
To bad part is, I think they are taking BPA. Their board is just f'd up with overrating CB's and TE's instead of other more valuable positions.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I doubt we get an early CB or TE...think the focus is going to be DL, S, LB, OL. WR is more likely IMO too.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom