Archive - Random Cowboys Related Stuff Thread...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
Why don't we just sign Ayers then? Sounds like similar production.
Older, more expensive, and I'm not sure he's as good against the run. Anthony Spencer for example, for all his detractors, was a stud for a time sealing down the right side against the run, even when he wasn't racking up sack numbers. He was borderline elite as a run stopping end/OLB.

I could see Crichton being that player plus chipping in 8 sacks a year. Very solid #2 DE. I think Ayers is a cut below that. He's been 2-3-2-5 sacks per season. I think Crichton is better than that, not like Marcus Spears production.

I'd have no problem signing Ayers too, though, as a stopgap measure. We need multiple linemen here.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Older, more expensive, and I'm not sure he's as good against the run. Anthony Spencer for example, for all his detractors, was a stud for a time sealing down the right side against the run, even when he wasn't racking up sack numbers. He was borderline elite as a run stopping end/OLB.

I could see Crichton being that player plus chipping in 8 sacks a year. Very solid #2 DE. I think Ayers is a cut below that. He's been 2-3-2-5 sacks per season. I think Crichton is better than that, not like Marcus Spears production.

I'd have no problem signing Ayers too, though, as a stopgap measure. We need multiple linemen here.
I'd rather have Ayers and a pass rushing right DE than Crichton and Selvie/Mincey.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'd rather have Ayers and a pass rushing right DE than Crichton and Selvie/Mincey.
Sure. Where are we getting the pass rushing RE though?

In the first round?

Well, if we do that, and reach the second round, and Crichton is there... even if I've signed Ayers... I'd take Crichton (depending on who else is there). Now we have DE depth.... Ayers/1st Round Pick/Crichton/Selvie. That's beginning to look pretty decent.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Sure. Where are we getting the pass rushing RE though?

In the first round?

Well, if we do that, and reach the second round, and Crichton is there... even if I've signed Ayers... I'd take Crichton (depending on who else is there). Now we have DE depth.... Ayers/1st Round Pick/Crichton/Selvie. That's beginning to look pretty decent.
Depends on who else was there.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
We already have Ayers. We need an elite rusher.

I wonder ware we could have gotten one of those..

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

Cotton

Staff member
People run shit into the ground constantly here, some times for years.

And you're going to take offense to this one after a week? Interesting.
You are wareing me out.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
People run shit into the ground constantly here, some times for years.

And you're going to take offense to this one after a week? Interesting.
This is the most broken up I've ever seen someone over cutting a declining player. Hell, most people around here hate Jerry's normal tendency to cut people 3 years too late instead of a year too early.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
This is the most broken up I've ever seen someone over cutting a declining player. Hell, most people around here hate Jerry's normal tendency to cut people 3 years too late instead of a year too early.

A. Hyperbole much?

B. Just because "most people" think something means I can't have my own opinion?

Christ. This is the most broken up I've ever seen someone over another person's opinion.

Cotton

Staff member

Cotton

Staff member

What the fuck is going on?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Evidently the DL is not a priority.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

What the fuck is going on?
The usual idiocy.

He also denied WR is a need because Austin didn't play and other players will step up. Mentioned fricking Escobust.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The only relevant thing Goof Son said was that Jerry was out of town during the Melton visit.

So in other words, for the numbnuts suggesting there is a changing of the guard...SUCK IT, SHITHEADS.

Cotton

Staff member
Evidently the DL is not a priority.
So, we sign Melton and all of a sudden we have filled our big needs and have the luxury to go BPA?

God damn.

Carp

DCC 4Life
DL is still a priority, just don't have to force it. I do think we might look as much at LB as DL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom