Archer: Cole Beasley cashes in on opportunities

Carp

DCC 4Life
He gets open some but not enough. Often times he runs a route with a defender on his hip pocket. If he is open and Dez is open chances are he will be a second choice. To improve his opportunities he will need to improve on getting clear more often since Dez isusually given tight coverag emost of the time.
I just don't see what you are seeing...he gets open plenty, but with the emphasis on the run game, Murray getting more catches, Beasley getting more looks, I just don't think there are all that many opportunities.

D

Deuce

I just don't see what you are seeing...he gets open plenty, but with the emphasis on the run game, Murray getting more catches, Beasley getting more looks, I just don't think there are all that many opportunities.
There are opportunities if Romo goes through his progressions and keeps looking upfield. Like you said, he's open multiple times a game. What I think the problem is Romo looks at Dez, look at Witten and then immediately looks at the rush. That's when he falls voluntarily to the ground or he tries to create. Then he looks at whomever he can find.

The coaches need to come up with a few places specifically for all the playmakers and use them once or twice a game.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
I think he's Romo's third read at best and the way he's playing with the emphazis on geting rid of the ball quickly he just doesn't get to his 3rd read often, when the play breaks down he's there.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I think he's Romo's third read at best and the way he's playing with the emphazis on geting rid of the ball quickly he just doesn't get to his 3rd read often, when the play breaks down he's there.
I don't think Williams is playing poorly at all. It's just that we have a lot of weapons on offense and we aren't slinging the ball around a ton this year. I think Romo is the main reason why Williams hasn't been seeing many balls the last few weeks.

Top Bottom