Archer: Cole Beasley cashes in on opportunities

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I think Romo's declining arm strength has hurt Terence Williams. Maybe Romo doesn't trust him to get under those lame ducks like Bryant does.
Bryant is making a pretty good living snagging those "lame ducks". Williams is in a sophomore slump. It happens sometimes. He might come back next season with a vengeance or he could go further down the hill.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Bryant is making a pretty good living snagging those "lame ducks". Williams is in a sophomore slump. It happens sometimes. He might come back next season with a vengeance or he could go further down the hill.
So pretty much wait and see?

D

Deuce

There are plenty of players in the draft who can do what Beasley does as well or better.

My bias makes me want JJ Worton in that spot, there are a lot of guys.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Our defense needs more help than a 4th option WR when you can easily keep the guy.

vince

Not So New Member
problem with Beasley's production is that it doesn't have a ripple effect to make defenses adjust and opening up the passing game.

A couple of catches to Witten and defenses change. Beasley catches a ball, and, well, whatever. Ce la vie.
I think that's more because of our coaches not utilizing him more often. Beasley is very effective when on the field and converts a lot of 3rd downs. He's a speedster and if used more can be an impact WR.

vince

Not So New Member
I think Romo's declining arm strength has hurt Terence Williams. Maybe Romo doesn't trust him to get under those lame ducks like Bryant does.
I heard the Playmaker on the radio station about a week or so ago mentioning how Williams has a hard time getting open.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I heard the Playmaker on the radio station about a week or so ago mentioning how Williams has a hard time getting open.
Hard to get open when teams know where you are going to be. Just seems that Dez just runs up the sidelines and Williams the deep post.

D

Deuce

Hard to get open when teams know where you are going to be. Just seems that Dez just runs up the sidelines and Williams the deep post.
That's an unfair assessment of our coaches. Williams also runs the hitch route. So that's...2. :unsure

Carp

DCC 4Life
There just are not that many catches to go around...Romo completed 21 passes on Thurs and 15 went to Dez and DeMarco. Williams just does not have that many opportunities.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
There just are not that many catches to go around...Romo completed 21 passes on Thurs and 15 went to Dez and DeMarco. Williams just does not have that many opportunities.
He doesn't get open. He needs help on how to get seperation and when to break off the route. He runs the same stuff.

Carp

DCC 4Life
He doesn't get open. He needs help on how to get seperation and when to break off the route. He runs the same stuff.
He was wide open vs the Bears a few times...one in particular was when Romo went deep to Dez instead of hitting him on the crossing route.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
He was wide open vs the Bears a few times...one in particular was when Romo went deep to Dez instead of hitting him on the crossing route.
Maybe Romo doesn't have sufficient confidence in him if there is a choice between him and Dez.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Maybe Romo doesn't have sufficient confidence in him if there is a choice between him and Dez.
Not sure, but he still gets open. I think it is a product of less dangerous throws and emphasizing Dez and Murray.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Not sure, but he still gets open. I think it is a product of less dangerous throws and emphasizing Dez and Murray.
If you were QB and you had a choice of open receivers of Bryant or Williams, which one would you go to every thing else being equal?

Carp

DCC 4Life
If you were QB and you had a choice of open receivers of Bryant or Williams, which one would you go to every thing else being equal?
Of course, but you said he does not get open...which I did not agree with.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I think Terrance has a better feel than Dez for finding open spaces when Romo eludes the pass rush and improvises, or at least he's more reliant on it to get open than Dez is. If you think back to alot of his big plays this year they've been when Romo improvises, like the bomb against the Texans and the first TD against the Saints.

Romo hasn't been improvising as much lately because of the back so I think that's a big reason why his production has dropped.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I think Terrance has a better feel than Dez for finding open spaces when Romo eludes the pass rush and improvises, or at least he's more reliant on it to get open than Dez is. If you think back to alot of his big plays this year they've been when Romo improvises, like the bomb against the Texans and the first TD against the Saints.

Romo hasn't been improvising as much lately because of the back so I think that's a big reason why his production has dropped.
Yeah...he as filling that Laurent Robinson role, but Romo has been conservative and not needed to make those types of plays.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Of course, but you said he does not get open...which I did not agree with.
He gets open some but not enough. Often times he runs a route with a defender on his hip pocket. If he is open and Dez is open chances are he will be a second choice. To improve his opportunities he will need to improve on getting clear more often since Dez isusually given tight coverag emost of the time.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are

Romo' s percentage hasn't dropped but his attempts have due to increased running plays. I haven't looked it up but that seems to be the case.

Top Bottom