Allen Hurns signs with the Cowboys

Smitty

DCC 4Life
What if it's Dez? We'd need the Dez cap room to make the trade happen more than likely. We could still then go and get a second/third round receiver to add even more speed to the offense. Honestly it makes a ton of sense now. Plus it solidifies the defense to potentially be elite next year and saves us the wasted draft pick. It also gives us a bunch of weapons to spread teams out and use on offense as opposed to trying to feed our passing game through one WR who frankly has zero chemistry with our scheme and QB.
So you are suggesting trading Dez for Thomas?

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So you are suggesting trading Dez for Thomas?
I'm suggesting it's the only way to make it happen financially and it would be mutually beneficial to both teams. I'm just not sure the Seahawks want to take on that cap but they need offensive weapons bad. They lost Graham (Redzone target) and Richardson (Big play guy) and Dez could help them in both areas.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
I'm not entirely against it.

I don't think it would be my first move. Which actually would have been, you know, signing Tyran Mathieu for no draft picks or player swaps.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I would think long and hard about it.
I think I'd do it. Guys at similar points in their careers who fit major needs on the teams trading for them. It would actually be about a wash for Dallas cap wise. Earl Thomas's 8.5 mil base salary would come to Dallas and we'd save 8.5 mil in cap space trading Dez away. Again, I'm just not sure the Seahawks would want Dez's 12.5 mil salary coming to them. Although they could restructure part of that as a bonus and free up some cash as a result.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There is a very strong argument to be made that Hurns (2/12) is a better receiver than Richardson (5/40). Richardson was basically written off as a bust until last season, putting up only 51/559/2 in his first 3 years combined, although to be fair he missed basically all of 2015. With that said, about 250 yards and 1 TD per season is not great.

Of course Richardson had a nice 2017 with 44/703/6, although Hurns had a roughly equal rookie season statistically (51/677/6), a far superior season in his 2nd year (64/1031/10), and then the last two seasons he missed several games but was still roughly on pace to statistically match Richardson's career year (Richardson averaged 43.9 YPG last year, Hurns averaged 43.4 in 2016 and 48.4 last season).

And Richardson had Wilson while Hurns was playing with Bortles.

In short, fuck the Redskins.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
There is a very strong argument to be made that Hurns (2/12) is a better receiver than Richardson (5/40). Richardson was basically written off as a bust until last season, putting up only 51/559/2 in his first 3 years combined, although to be fair he missed basically all of 2015. With that said, about 250 yards and 1 TD per season is not great.

Of course Richardson had a nice 2017 with 44/703/6, although Hurns had a roughly equal rookie season statistically (51/677/6), a far superior season in his 2nd year (64/1031/10), and then the last two seasons he missed several games but was still roughly on pace to statistically match Richardson's career year (Richardson averaged 43.9 YPG last year, Hurns averaged 43.4 in 2016 and 48.4 last season).

And Richardson had Wilson while Hurns was playing with Bortles.

In short, fuck the Redskins.
Yeah I said it days ago, I really like Hurns. I have no idea how those injuries have impacted his explosiveness but I always thought he was a really good receiver being held back a little by playing with Bortles and being pegged into a #2 WR role. He wasn't a guy who got a ton of opportunities. I know I harp on completion percentage to WR's but I think it's very important. QB's who complete 70 percent of their passes move the ball a hell of a lot better then guys who complete 60% especially when complemented with a great running game. Hurns was at 70% last year. Which is a good sign to me.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I know it is a little bit of a stretch, but I like to hear humility and yes "fear" from a player.

p1_

DCC 4Life
This is very good news, no WR's with opening day age over 30 on the roster.

Switzer - 23
Hurns - 26
Williams - 28
Beasley - 29
Thompson - 29
Bryant - 29

Max competition with everyone's job on the line... looking at you, Ryan.

We don't have to draft a WR early now though we still could.
Why you giving Switzer the look?

p1_

DCC 4Life
Same. Shrimp gets the glare.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Who is trebos?

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Won't matter if we have the same plodding, unimaginative offense.

Top Bottom