Aikman: 'Way Organization Is Run Is to 'Detriment of the Cowboys'

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Didn't see anything on Twitter. I did notice Irvin was on the show today, he needs to update that list of his with jeri's name at the top

You can look up Jeff Cavanaugh too. He has been rough on Jason too. Maybe even tougher than Shan.

p1_

DCC 4Life
All the guys on 105.3 have been ripping Garrett. And that’s the MF flagship station

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
As more time passes, the higher Troy goes on my list of all-time favorites.

He is the only former Cowboy of note that isn't all chummy with the Jones' and isn't concerned with being invited to games.

If more former, and especially current players were honest, then maybe the Jones family would be forced to look in the mirror. Instead, Emmitt, Irvin, Staubach, Witten, etc. would rather get all sentimental and put their personal feelings for Jerry first so the idiot keeps on keeping on.
Right! And I will never understand this. These HOF'ers have such a pathetic family type relationship with Jerry, and refuse to rock the boat. They see the problem just as well as we do. And I'm sure they see a lot of behind the scenes dysfunction. Yet here's Troy as the only voice of dissent and clarity.
Hell, I may buy an Aikman jersey!

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
All the guys on 105.3 have been ripping Garrett. And that’s the MF flagship station
Even Mike Fisher has turned on Garrett the last couple weeks

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Right! And I will never understand this. These HOF'ers have such a pathetic family type relationship with Jerry, and refuse to rock the boat. They see the problem just as well as we do. And I'm sure they see a lot of behind the scenes dysfunction. Yet here's Troy as the only voice of dissent and clarity.
Aikman was all bent out of shape as soon as Johnson left and he felt like he was the only player that cared about the team. He would rant about players not doing what he thought they should do and screamed at them. He thought he was the only player that cared about the team. When some of the players left the team he thought Jones didn’t get good replacements. He was just an unhappy person and became a bitter person.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Aikman was all bent out of shape as soon as Johnson left and he felt like he was the only player that cared about the team. He would rant about players not doing what he thought they should do and screamed at them. He thought he was the only player that cared about the team. When some of the players left the team he thought Jones didn’t get good replacements. He was just an unhappy person and became a bitter person.

He wasnt wrong then and he isnt wrong now.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
It honestly baffles me.

Take a guy like Jason Witten, for example. He seems like a very intelligent guy and he's a pro's pro. If there is anyone on that team that I would expect to get "it", it would be him.

He of all people has to know that the Cowboys way of doing things is all jacked up and that it actually serves as a detriment to the team. If he didn't already know that before his MNF gig, then he certainly should have figured it out by now after visiting with all of these organizations.

So why the hell doesn't a guy like that who seems bright enough to understand how these things work, and is in his final days desperately searching for a SB ring, ever have a serious sit-down with the Jones' and express to them in a respectful and professional manner how he feels things need to change?

Does that guarantee that everything would be different? No, but I just cannot believe that more players in these last 10-plus years have not met with the front office to voice their concerns about the direction of the team.

Why on earth would you consciously choose to stay or sign with Dallas if your biggest desire is to win a championship?

Am I giving these guys too much credit? Are they really that oblivious? Or do they simply not care?

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
It honestly baffles me.

Take a guy like Jason Witten, for example. He seems like a very intelligent guy and he's a pro's pro. If there is anyone on that team that I would expect to get "it", it would be him.

He of all people has to know that the Cowboys way of doing things is all jacked up and that it actually serves as a detriment to the team. If he didn't already know that before his MNF gig, then he certainly should have figured it out by now after visiting with all of these organizations.

So why the hell doesn't a guy like that who seems bright enough to understand how these things work, and is in his final days desperately searching for a SB ring, ever have a serious sit-down with the Jones' and express to them in a respectful and professional manner how he feels things need to change?

Does that guarantee that everything would be different? No, but I just cannot believe that more players in these last 10-plus years have not met with the front office to voice their concerns about the direction of the team.

Why on earth would you consciously choose to stay or sign with Dallas if your biggest desire is to win a championship?

Am I giving these guys too much credit? Are they really that oblivious? Or do they simply not care?

Because if he did then he wouldnt get to go on the family cruises anymore. Doubt he has a negative thing to say towards either Jones or Garrett.

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because if he did then he wouldnt get to go on the family cruises anymore. Doubt he has a negative thing to say towards either Jones or Garrett.
I get that, but then you see Witten on MNF covering Cowboys games and he made the same critiques about the offense and the coaching that Romo has on numerous occasions.

When I see that, it tells me these guys were aware and did have issues with the way the team was led, but apparently not enough to ever actually say it to anyone within the organization directly.

yimyammer

shitless classpainter
I get that, but then you see Witten on MNF covering Cowboys games and he made the same critiques about the offense and the coaching that Romo has on numerous occasions.

When I see that, it tells me these guys were aware and did have issues with the way the team was led, but apparently not enough to ever actually say it to anyone within the organization directly.
I think they're like most fans who have decided there is nothing they can do about it so lie back and enjoy the rapin'

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Didn’t say he was wrong. I was just explaining his attitude toward the organization and owner.
Which was and is completely justified.

The Jones kept him from competing for another SB in the 2nd half of his career, and they're the reason the Cowboys haven't come close to sniffing one since.

They are an obstacle to their own team.

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
It honestly baffles me.

When Witten came back I thought "Why? I can understand him wanting to be loyal to his teammates. But if he came back for a shot at a ring, why in the world would he come back here?"

Couchcoach

DCC 4Life
In my opinion it's very understandable that he would be bitter. There comes a time in life where we should move on and let it go. But Troy was driven to win championships, nothing less would do.
Apparently he feels badly for the current roster. As well as those from the past nineteen years.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Yup.

I told him the same thing lol.

All his Cowboys stuff is fresh every single year. Both apparel and memorabilia. Some fans just can't quit the team man.

I don't know why it's so hard for some, but there are lots of fans that can't lessen their devotion no matter what.
Exactly. TA, you’ve known me for, what, 15+ years now. What have I been saying for that entire fucking time? Hit that redneck in the pocketbook because the only thing he cares about is making money. He doesn’t give two shits about winning.

Smitty

DCC 4Life
As more time passes, the higher Troy goes on my list of all-time favorites.

He is the only former Cowboy of note that isn't all chummy with the Jones' and isn't concerned with being invited to games.

If more former, and especially current players were honest, then maybe the Jones family would be forced to look in the mirror. Instead, Emmitt, Irvin, Staubach, Witten, etc. would rather get all sentimental and put their personal feelings for Jerry first so the idiot keeps on keeping on.
Maybe Aikman should be brought on as GM.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Exactly. TA, you’ve known me for, what, 15+ years now. What have I been saying for that entire fucking time? Hit that redneck in the pocketbook because the only thing he cares about is making money. He doesn’t give two shits about winning.
That sort of feels like refusing to buy from Walmart to try and get them to close their doors. Sure you might do it but it's such a big financial powerhouse that you're not even a blip on the radar. They will just continue on with business as usual. It would take a massive Cowboys fans exodus to ever make Jerry feel any financial pain.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That sort of feels like refusing to buy from Walmart to try and get them to close their doors. Sure you might do it but it's such a big financial powerhouse that you're not even a blip on the radar. They will just continue on with business as usual. It would take a massive Cowboys fans exodus to ever make Jerry feel any financial pain.
It's too bad our fanbase are a bunch of towel waving drool cup needing morons or a boycott would work.

Top Bottom