Agent: Josh Brent to retire

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 43s
Josh Brent is headed to jury trial after a plea deal couldn't be reached.

I think he serves some serious time. If they couldn't reach a plea deal I would guess a jury trial is much worse for him.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Calvin Watkins ‏@calvinwatkins 1m
An international incident almost occurred when Jerry Jones left as reporters tailed him. We're told he's coming back. He had to make a call.

Jerry seems to have been a bit blindsided by this. :lol
It actually couldn't be better for him. Brent goes on Dallas' reserve-retired list and an active roster spot opens. It's as if Brent was taking advice from the Cowboys themselves.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member
Couldn't happen to a better "best owner in all of pro sports" dipshit than Jones.

I wish nothing but fail for him.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
ROH.

Yes or no?

~Brent's name & # are revealed on the ROH during Thanksgiving game~

Garrett: We didn't even know his name was going up there. We're going to handle it day by day and see where it goes.

UncleMilti

This seemed like a good idea at the time.
Staff member

Garrett: We didn't even know his name was going up there. We're going to handle it day by day and see where it goes.
Its a process.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member

Its a process

Carp

DCC 4Life
Brent actually saved Jerry a bit on this one.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Another reason to dislike Brent

bbgun

please don't "dur" me
Please. He'll play for someone else when he gets out of the clink. It's not like he has an engineering degree to fall back on.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Please. He'll play for someone else when he gets out of the clink. It's not like he has an engineering degree to fall back on.
He may have a process though.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Couldn't happen to a better "best owner in all of pro sports" dipshit than Jones.

I wish nothing but fail for him.
This line of thinking baffles me. Why would you wish nothing but fail for the guy running the team you follow? I understand not liking the guy, but HOPING he fails? If he fails, your favorite team fails.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This line of thinking baffles me. Why would you wish nothing but fail for the guy running the team you follow? I understand not liking the guy, but HOPING he fails? If he fails, your favorite team fails.
Because if he doesn't fail, then he will get just enough wins to keep filling the seats, and mediocrity will continue. It will take some serious losing for him to make any changes. And, he ain't winning no SBs on his own.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I was going to say the same thing but I thought it would raise somes blood pressure even more.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

Texas Ace

Teh Acester
Because wishing for him to succeed is useless.

He can't and will not succeed so long as he continues to run the team the way he does. So crossing your fingers and praying that by some miracle the Jerry Jones recipe works is a waste of time.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Because if he doesn't fail, then he will get just enough wins to keep filling the seats, and mediocrity will continue. It will take some serious losing for him to make any changes. And, he ain't winning no SBs on his own.
Might as well face it. He's not changing. Not selling the team. And according to some, even when he does step down, it'll just be more of the same with Stephen.

If I'm wishing for failure for the next 30 years or so for this team, I'm not following this team any more.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
Because wishing for him to succeed is useless.

He can't and will not succeed so long as he continues to run the team the way he does. So crossing your fingers and praying that by some miracle the Jerry Jones recipe works is a waste of time.
Oh. And wishing he fails isn't a waste of time?

Got it.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I understand what N.D. is saying. The Cowboys are my team. They were my team before Jerry Jones. My hope is that they can succeed in spite of him albiet slim to none are the chances. All that said if I had to wish that Jones would have problems then obviously they trickle down to the team and I prefer that didn't happen no more than already exists..

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I understand what N.D. is saying. The Cowboys are my team. They were my team before Jerry Jones. My hope is that they can succeed in spite of him albiet slim to none are the chances. All that said if I had to wish that Jones would have problems then obviously they trickle down to the team and I prefer that didn't happen no more than already exists..
Hoping for things I care about to fail just seems like a miserable life to live. I really hope my car blows up tomorrow and my house burns down too...

Top Bottom