Adrian Peterson says he's 'not with' gay marriage

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That's always been my view on the issue. If people want to draw up a contract to cohabitate let it be like any other contract.
That really isn't an issue with most matters the government is involved with. It is the commerce part of spousal rights and benefits. Government could care less about cohabitation.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
That really isn't an issue with most matters the government is involved with. It is the commerce part of spousal rights and benefits. Government could care less about cohabitation.
Right, which is why people should just draw up a contract to pool their property or keep it separate without all of the baggage that comes with government needing to recognize a marriage as having special magical properties.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Why are you married then if you are against everything it stands for legally?

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
I'm all for it's social and religious aspects, but I'd rather the government wasn't invited.
No, no... We are setting a precedent here. If you aren't okay with the government being involved, then you can't bitch about it or ever take part in it.

GOOD QUESTION!!!!

Last edited:

Carp

DCC 4Life
:lol

Awesome question that totally misses the point.
For fuck sakes...it does not miss the point at all. You think Clay is waiving any advantages he gets from being married? If you have a point, I'd love to hear it, unless your continual use of the lol smiley is going to be your standard answer for everything now.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks
For fuck sakes...it does not miss the point at all. You think Clay is waiving any advantages he gets from being married? If you have a point, I'd love to hear it, unless your continual use of the lol smiley is going to be your standard answer for everything now.
You seem to think the only reason people get married is for government perks. So you implied that if you don't like the government being involved in marriage then you shouldn't get married at all. That's retarded and so was your question.

And the smilie crack might have hurt if it came from anyone else.

Carp

DCC 4Life
You seem to think the only reason people get married is for government perks. So you implied that if you don't like the government being involved in marriage then you shouldn't get married at all. That's retarded and so was your question.

And the smilie crack might have hurt if it came from anyone else.
And the take you have on this matter might actually mean something if it came from anyone else.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
In my mind that is like not agreeing with the current tax code. Maybe I don't agree with the current system but that doesn't mean that I'm not taking a refund since that is the current system we are under.

So yeah, I'd like to see it change but that is not happening anytime soon, so for now we have to live with the current system.

Carp

DCC 4Life
In my mind that is like not agreeing with the current tax code. Maybe I don't agree with the current system but that doesn't mean that I'm not taking a refund since that is the current system we are under.

So yeah, I'd like to see it change but that is not happening anytime soon, so for now we have to live with the current system.
The point is that you can commit to another person without government involvement. The "marriage" can be recognized under your god and friends/family, without having to include that pesky government. The ceremony is completely different from going down and getting a marriage certificate.

data

Forbes #1
The point is that you can commit to another person without government involvement. The "marriage" can be recognized under your god and friends/family, without having to include that pesky government. The ceremony is completely different from going down and getting a marriage certificate.
I never got my promise ring back from my 10th grade girlfriend.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
That's true.

EZ22

The One Who Knocks

Thanks for breaking it down for the poop master. I was thinking along similar lines but apparently coming from me it's not legit. Probably if I mixed in a joke about feces it would work.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Thanks for breaking it down for the poop master. I was thinking along similar lines but apparently coming from me it's not legit. Probably if I mixed in a joke about feces it would work.
Boo hoo.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Not really. Good luck finding a modern day, tax exempt church that will marry you without a marriage license.
While I don't think it is common I think you certainly can find one. Still, point taken.

As a matter of fact, you don't even need a marriage license to declare marriage to the government but that's a whole other issue.

Last edited:
Top Bottom