A week of LGBTQ acceptance education in a middle school. Really?

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Again, I ask if anyone's spent decent time around Castro St in SF or Christopher St in NYC. Google the Folsom Street Fair, especially if you're a fan of goatse.
I was on the section of Halsted in Chicago's Lakeview/Wrigleyville neighborhood with my daughters last summer (and I lived very near there for two years in the mid-90s). It is nicknamed "Boystown" and is the same sort of over the top, in your face gay neighborhood as the ones you are talking about. There are towerlike structures up and down the street with the rainbow colors, tons of gay clubs like Manhole and retail stores that cater to the gay community. Am I supposed to be outraged? Should I shelter my children from such things?

I just don't understand your hang up. You don't have to like it. If it bothers you that badly then avoid those areas. If you don't want to live next to someone who flies the gay pride flag then take your ass out into the country where those awful queers are out of sight, out of mind. In other words, apply the same thinking that you do towards harassment in the workplace; you don't like it? Tough shit, get another job (or in this case, move somewhere else).

When there's "a gay guy" or "the gay guy" on the block, what you stand for and believe in changes when you become "the straight guy." Diversity (defined more than just race & sexual orientation, even you whiteys are different) doesn't live in a box. It's bringing generations of lifestyles, traditions, expressions with it. "It's cool you're different, just keep it in private" doesn't happen. For those who get wide-eyed about hearing the latest news California, you'd be cool if California knocked on your door settled in around you?

This is going beyond just what the Millenials are into or you're limits of acceptable public behavior. The discussion here is about core religious belief. When it comes to baking a cake, you're cool with a big dick decoration topping for a bachelorette party, but add another dick for a gay wedding and now you can't participate. If the LGBT views are so strong to refuse a cake, why would you tolerate that in your neighborhood? For this sin to be so deeply rooted in you, like Hostile-core-deep, how can that contradiction exist? How can it be turned on-and-off like a light switch? I can't sell to this gay guy's wedding, but beyond the wedding, he's my buddy. Yeah, I'd invite him to live next door. Once my Nazi-flag-bearing neighbor takes down his flag, I'm cool with him now? Nazi friends coming over and having pow wows indoors while my kids are playing in the yard?

A lot of people celebrate the shit out of Cinco de Mayo, but get pissy about Mexican Heritage Month? More non-American flags fly in neighborhoods during FIFA than American flags fly on July 4th. I'm probably one of the more tolerant folks here, but while some have the luxury of only encountering a diluted version of diversity, what happens when the party's knocking on your front door?

I see this only applies to the things you find acceptable. Hey, my neighbors put a big cross in their yard and signs that say "Jesus Saves" and others with bible verses. They have bible study sessions IN THEIR FRONT YARD!!! AND I'M AN ATHEIST!!! WTF AM I SUPPOSED TO TELL MY DAUGHTERS???!!! They sing hymns that I can hear when I am in my yard. They put Christian literature on my door and invite me to church. The nerve of those assholes! Don't they know they should keep that shit out of everyone's face! I shouldn't ever have to be subjected to their beliefs or lifestyle.

Nothing about that example is true, of course. I am not a Christian but I am not bothered by people being who they are. The point is simply this; you should probably just move somewhere where people only have the exact same beliefs and value system as you. Some little gated, insulated commune with armed guards where your children will be safe from any alternative to your ideal lifestyle. And if anyone in that commune breaks the rules they are immediately banished to the Island of People Who Aren't Just Like Us. Or better yet, you can just publicly execute them so they don't breed and to set an example for an potential future dissidents, right? I mean, it would suck for them, but better in the long run, right?

I'm probably one of the more tolerant folks here

Last edited:

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Good stuff, Ed.

I'm the neighbor that you described. I mean, I don't really have neighbors, I don't leave literature or have a sign but you get the point.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Stop you say? You are a funny guy.

So I pushed a button on a real issue that belongs to your particular group and you didn't like it much, did you? See how I took a few loud idiots and painted all blacks with the same brush? How bout you walk a little more circumspectly? Life would be much more tolerable if you had a little more understanding for those around you. Hypocrisy Is oozing out of your pores right now, homes.
WTF are you rambling about.

Show me one instance of me saying something about all Christians.

I even gave you props for not being that guy.

So go eat a dick, because there is not one post where I have never painted a whole group of people as being anything.

And of course NoDak and Rev like this post, hey guys:lol

Jiggyfly

Banned
Just to be exact, I'm not supporting the baker not wanting to bake the cake for religious reasons. I'm supporting the baker not wanting to bake the cake for any reason. If he doesn't want to bake you a cake because you just rub him the wrong way I'm totally ok with it. I don't think government should be forcing businesses or individuals to do anything. Now of course if that baker does that to enough people, he'll probably go out of business and have to deal with those repercussion. It's why it's probably not a smart business decision to deny someone a cake because they are gay for example.
I agree with this for the most part but I also see how this could lead to other things that would be discriminatory.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
I like any post that makes you look like a drooling retard.

Come to think of it, I should be liking every post you submit.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This has been a really good conversation to follow. Some really good stuff in here. Please, do not stop now.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
WTF are you rambling about.

Show me one instance of me saying something about all Christians.

I even gave you props for not being that guy.

So go eat a dick, because there is not one post where I have never painted a whole group of people as being anything.

Most....That's the word you used. Did you travel around the country and wave your gay hate wand over most Christians to find this out?

"Most" would be considered a broad brush. Nobody likes to be characterized like that and it's really bigoted to say stuff like that.

I've met black folks that don't trust white folks and are bigots.

So if I said that most black people don't like white people would that be painting with a broad brush? What if I said I don't trust gays? How would that go over?

Does any of this make any logical sense to you or are you going to go on a denial diatribe?

Last edited:

E_D_Guapo

Brand New Member
Good stuff, Ed.

I'm the neighbor that you described. I mean, I don't really have neighbors, I don't leave literature or have a sign but you get the point.
You stay the hell away from my children you misguided son of a bitch! :art

Cotton

Staff member
Whatever heathen!
:lol

Really, this has been very entertaining to read. I'm going to let you guess which side I side with. If you get it wrong, I join the conversation, so choose carefully.

Jiggyfly

Banned
I like any post that makes you look like a drooling retard.

Come to think of it, I should be liking every post you submit.
Man what did I do to create all of this hatred.

A drooling retard, really?

Anyway i'm sorry for whatever I did, no man should have to carry around what you do toward me everyday.

Jiggyfly

Banned
Most....That's the word you used. Did you travel around the country and wave your gay hate wand over most Christians to find this out?

"Most" would be considered a broad brush. Nobody likes to be characterized like that and it's really bigoted to say stuff like that.

I've met black folks that don't trust white folks and are bigots.

So if I said that most black people don't like white people would that be painting with a broad brush? What if I said I don't trust gays? How would that go over?

Does any of this make any logical sense to you or are you going to go on a denial diatribe?
When I said most I meant more than not.

Churches that take gay people in as they are count in the minority.

Am I wrong about that?

I admit most could be used as a broad brush but that's not the way I meant it.

And it was nothing like taking random people I met and projecting there is a very powerful anti gay strain of Christianity so strong that they can have influence with the guy who is 2nd in the republican presidential race.

Ted Cruz embraces apocalyptic preachers and anti-gay militants

Another Cruz fan is Bob Vander Plaats, leader of an Iowa-based group called the Family Leader. Of Cruz, Vander Plaats says he is “the most consistent and principled conservative” in the nomination race.

One of the principles Vander Plaats espouses is that the fight against same-sex marriage is equivalent to the 19th century struggle against slavery. Same-sex marriage, he has said, is a “Satanic plot” that will lead to parents marrying their own children. Vander Plaats has praised Russian President Vladimir Putin for his anti-gay policies. He has proposed the Putin-like idea that students should be taught homosexuality is a public threat on par with smoking.

Then there is Phil Robertson, the “Duck Dynasty” patriarch, who went on the campaign trail in Iowa to promote the Cruz candidacy. At a Cruz rally on Sunday, Robertson called same-sex marriage “evil,” “wicked” and “sinful.” Of those politicians and judges who let gay rights prevail, Robertson said, “We have to rid the Earth of them.”

Cruz followed Robertson onstage and hailed the long-bearded duck call salesman as “a joyful, cheerful, unapologetic voice of truth.”
http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-cruz-embraces-apocalyptic-preachers-20160205-story.html

And I am not claiming most Christians hate gays, I think the majority treat being gay as some greater sin than the things I mentioned.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
When I said most I meant more than not.

Churches that take gay people in as they are count in the minority.

Am I wrong about that?

I admit most could be used as a broad brush but that's not the way I meant it.

And it was nothing like taking random people I met and projecting there is a very powerful anti gay strain of Christianity so strong that they can have influence with the guy who is 2nd in the republican presidential race.

Ted Cruz embraces apocalyptic preachers and anti-gay militants

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/topoftheticket/la-na-tt-cruz-embraces-apocalyptic-preachers-20160205-story.html

And I am not claiming most Christians hate gays, I think the majority treat being gay as some greater sin than the things I mentioned.
I honestly think that many Christians are guarded when it comes to gays. Mostly because they dont want to see the country sway towards a humanistic, secular society. We are living in a post Christian society. They see their influence shrinking and want the majority say in what goes on.

Of course there are day bigots out here. Then you have those that call those who oppose gay marriage as bigotry. I don't agree with that at all. Those that want to preserve tradition aren't some weird nut jobs. I'd personally love to see us live in a Christian society but I in no way support using law to do that. That would be he opposite of what he separation of church and state was created for.

It is Christian's fault. They had compete control over pretty much everything but lost it because they failed to actually be Christians in practice in their everyday lives. They relied on the government to do it for them much like the left is trying to do now. I just wish everyone eWorld be honest about it.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
I honestly hate the gay debate concerning Christians. It is a no win situation.

Cotton

Staff member

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Of course there are day bigots out here. Then you have those that call those who oppose gay marriage as bigotry. I don't agree with that at all. Those that want to preserve tradition aren't some weird nut jobs. I'd personally love to see us live in a Christian society but I in no way support using law to do that. That would be he opposite of what he separation of church and state was created for.

It is Christian's fault. They had compete control over pretty much everything but lost it because they failed to actually be Christians in practice in their everyday lives. They relied on the government to do it for them much like the left is trying to do now. I just wish everyone eWorld be honest about it.
Yep. It's like Goldwater said, you can't legislate morality.

I honestly think that many Christians are guarded when it comes to gays. Mostly because they dont want to see the country sway towards a humanistic, secular society.
This is why I don't get why gay marriage is the hill some Christians choose to die on. My biggest criticism of gay culture in the US is how they have typically been wrapped up in a promiscuous lifestyle with way more partners and way more diseases and drug use than their heterosexual counterparts. So, now a bunch of them want to quit the party scene and act normal, and that's what people have a problem with?

Last edited:

townsend

Banned
This is why I don't get why gay marriage is the hill some Christians choose to die on. My biggest criticism of gay culture in the US is how they have typically been wrapped up in a promiscuous lifestyle with way more partners and way more diseases and drug use than their heterosexual counterparts. So, now a bunch of them want to quit the party scene and act normal, and that's what people have a problem with?
I feel like the issue is that to a good number of moral conservatives, homosexuals are defined as sexual deviants, which is to say it is their defining attribute. It doesn't matter where you do it, how many people you do it with, homosexuality is so immoral, it's the least moral thing. I feel like the people who think this way are somehow afraid that by allowing these people to get married and have families and do regular people things they'll be obligated to celebrate butt stuff.
You know the way that any member of church would have to have their pee fetish scrutinized by the community in order for them to get married.

Top Bottom