A Mexican-American boy sang the National Anthem, and racist NBA fans can't handle it

Carp

DCC 4Life
Yes.

Have you met the Internet?
No kidding. The Spurs did him no favors by dressing him up like that or not asking what he was going to wear. It did play to a stereotype that all Mexicans are represented by Mariachi bands.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I don't agree with that. There may have been a few but nowhere near what this kid got.

There would be a ton. Case in point, that interracial family cereal commercial on YouTube. They had to shut the comments down it got so bad.

You are kidding yourself if you think there wouldn't be a ton of racist comments.

Carp

DCC 4Life
I don't agree with that. There may have been a few but nowhere near what this kid got.
It is not like they direct messaged the kid. Also, 3 of the Twitter messages that were posted on there were not negative at all.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
Wow. How can we ask people to integrate into our culture and be patriotic Americans if we reject them when they do it. I would have a problem with an American singing the Mexican national anthem (if it has words, I don't know, not all of them do.).

If an American Citizen sings the national anthem it shouldn't matter what his ethnicity is.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Wow. How can we ask people to integrate into our culture and be patriotic Americans if we reject them when they do it. I would have a problem with an American singing the Mexican national anthem (if it has words, I don't know, not all of them do.).

If an American Citizen sings the national anthem it shouldn't matter what his ethnicity is.
OMGOUTRAGEDTROLLPOST

Cotton

Staff member
Although minority groups may legally equal rights, it's still these internal racist thoughts that make it different to be a minority in America versus a Caucasian.
I hate racism. I know I joke a lot about it, but it's all in fun. But, to be fair, I hate any discrimination. Women should be treated like men. Whites/Blacks/Yellows/Browns should all be treated the same.

Where I differ with libs is, they should really be treated the same. One shouldn't be given an advantage over another or the balance is off again. Just equal.

/idealisticpost

Cotton

Staff member
Sorry I offended you, Zeb Colter.
I was making reference to another poster who thought he could troll a thread with passive aggressive troll posts. It wasn't directed at you.

Clay_Allison

Old Bastard
I was making reference to another poster who thought he could troll a thread with passive aggressive troll posts. It wasn't directed at you.
Ah, I see you were saying "Insert Outraged Troll Post Here" rather than accusing me of trolling by being annoyed at the Twitter Trolls.

Cotton

Staff member
Ah, I see you were saying "Insert Outraged Troll Post Here" rather than accusing me of trolling by being annoyed at the Twitter Trolls.
This whole situation annoys the hell out of me. For it to be downplayed by posts saying "oh well they shouldn't have dressed him in that" or "those posts weren't all that negative" or "dang bad guys on the internets can't help themselves" is stupid.

BTW the twitter posts in the OP were a very small sample. There were thousands. It's sickening.

Cotton

Staff member
I noticed you wrote 'white' first.

You racist bastard.
And browns last because I hate the little brown piece of crap that sang OUR national anthem.

Carp

DCC 4Life
Darius Rucker was supoosed to sing it, but he cancelled. Thankfully we can blame a black guy for this.

Top Bottom