9000 per week streaming across the border...

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
I'm on board with that as long as the accepted system is completely enforced and congress gets on board with it completely also.
You can say that twice.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
That is the truth. If we have tighter boarders we will not be able to let as many immigrants in. That is just the way it goes.
Maybe a little more liquor served at the boarding houses Will get them tighter. :art

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I'm sure you all are so ready to take these jobs...

When I was a teenager in California I worked right along side them every summer. Tough work but a lot of the manual Labor jobs have since been mechanized.

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member

This spills into another issue, which is the fact that the American lower-class is used to getting something for nothing and are too proud to get out and work.

It's time to yank the mother humping rug out from underneath these folks who are too proud to get up and do anything.

I love it, fix immigration and welfare state at the same time.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member

I get that argument. I really do. I have a flux of laborers that goes from 5 to 50 at times. I understand as much as anyone reading this. Mexicans and Central Americans are the best laborers that money can buy.

You are addressing only one of the issues though. Thousands more are flooding in - way more than before. I live a couple of hours from the boarder and see some of the things going on as a results of the glut of illegals coming over. If we don't get it under control soon we will have a real problem on our hands. It is easy to just throw out the laborer argument without much effort but there are many other problems that will result from all of this.

But yes, illegals are proving cheap, good labor that we are all enjoying. No question about that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
But yes, illegals are proving cheap, good labor that we are all enjoying. No question about that.
Cheap good labor that too many Americans seem to proud to do but aren't too proud to accept foodstamps. The only reason I point this out is because they aren't really "taking our jobs" they are taking the jobs that no one seems to want.

We just need to remove the other factors motivating them to come into this country and you will slow the rest of them (Should have absolutely no government assistance/free education). Or we could also build a Game of Thrones style giant wall along the south...

Also if you really want to touch on a big part of the problem is that the US does nothing to deport the illegals in this country. I had a criminal client who was in the country illegally. The prosecutor knew it, the judge knew it and everyone in the courtroom. They kept him in jail for a good 2-3 months on the charges. Not once did immigration and customs enforcement attempt to put a hold on him. Government is just broken in so many ways.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This spills into another issue, which is the fact that the American lower-class is used to getting something for nothing and are too proud to get out and work.

It's time to yank the mother humping rug out from underneath these folks who are too proud to get up and do anything.

I love it, fix immigration and welfare state at the same time.
BOOM!

mcnuttz

Senior Junior Mod
Staff member
Once we get that cleared up it's time to tackle the IRS & big corporations and their tax loopholing.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Cheap good labor that too many Americans seem to proud to do but aren't too proud to accept foodstamps. The only reason I point this out is because they aren't really "taking our jobs" they are taking the jobs that no one seems to want.
Right. I didn't mention "taking our jobs" at all. You introduced that topic. While there is absolutely no doubt that you are correct, things will eventually change. At this rate things will have an impact on our employment situation. I won't say I'm well versed on that subject enough to go some rounds with you on that. Still though, think about it...the illegal rate across the boarder is out pacing the birthrate in Texas. Yikes! You can't say that with the increase that it won't have an impact. We are dealing with hoards of unaccompanied children coming over that provide nothing but a strain on our system.

We just need to remove the other factors motivating them to come into this country and you will slow the rest of them (Should have absolutely no government assistance/free education). Or we could also build a Game of Thrones style giant wall along the south...
Yup

Also if you really want to touch on a big part of the problem is that the US does nothing to deport the illegals in this country. I had a criminal client who was in the country illegally. The prosecutor knew it, the judge knew it and everyone in the courtroom. They kept him in jail for a good 2-3 months on the charges. Not once did immigration and customs enforcement attempt to put a hold on him. Government is just broken in so many ways.
Absolutely. That is one of the issues that need addressed.

2233boys

Not So New Member
There's no law against deporting illegals, we've even deported some of the recent flood of them already, it's just that the feds were slowing the process down as much as possible because they wanted the story to dip below the radar before the 'mean government sends kids back' stories came out. So their holding facilities got totally overwhelmed and they ended up keeping them on military bases and shit. According to a New York Times article I just read, the Obama administration has been leaning hard on Honduras and Mexico to get them to shut down the migration route and we've been fast tracking deportations to make room. Eventually they'll all probably get shipped, but it was Obama's foot dragging and incompetence that created the situation in the first place and then let it become a full blown humanitarian crisis on American soil before he finally acted to try to resolve it.

IMO, the thing they were unprepared to deal with was the unaccompanied children. Normally, illegals run off and hide pretty effectively and don't present an immediate problem, just one down the road. The kids have to be fed and clothed and housed immediately (and many of them needed medical attention) and they immediately overwhelmed the social services of places like McAllen, TX as well as any federal resources that could be brought quickly to bear. Not realizing it would become a crisis quickly led to the White House failing to act quickly. It's probably the President's dipshit advisers who let him down this time. He's surrounded with a lot of yes men and cronies and he's ended up looking bad after important information apparently didn't get to him. Benghazi is a good example. A lot of indications were there that shit was not right and either no one wanted to be the bearer of bad news or no one with any common sense had a direct enough line to the president to let him know what was going on.
I just read an article that said you were right the do deport abandoned minors but the process was slow because of a 2008 law that said unaccompanied children needed a hearing. According to the article that is what the administration is saying. Not sure how accurate this is but thank you for answering.

Angrymesscan

DCC 4Life
From my experience, most Mexicans don't want to stay in the US, but with getting in being so difficult, once there they're kind of "trapped", if they go back to Mexico they might not be able to get back in plus getting in illegaly can cost them between 2k-20k. If real effort would be put forward into the worker Visas that would lower the ammount of illegals by 30-40% in my estimate.

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
From my experience, most Mexicans don't want to stay in the US, but with getting in being so difficult, once there they're kind of "trapped", if they go back to Mexico they might not be able to get back in plus getting in illegaly can cost them between 2k-20k. If real effort would be put forward into the worker Visas that would lower the ammount of illegals by 30-40% in my estimate.

I totally agree. We should make getting a workers visa much much easier. Of course being the government I wouldn't expect anyone to really improve the problem by any stretch.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Right. I didn't mention "taking our jobs" at all. You introduced that topic.
I was more or less just messing around with the picture. I do find the economics of it very interesting though. I also am just mostly annoyed by the amount of Americans on disability and other programs simply because they don't want to work or don't want to work hard jobs that don't pay a lot. Kind of like McDonalds employees wanting $16+ an hour. Hell I know paralegals and court clerks who make way less then that and they are skilled and intelligent people.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
Hey Ski. It's border. Unless I went to a substandard school. A boarder stays in someone's house. A border separates boundaries. I hate to even bring it up but I'm pretty sure I owe you a couple of zingers. I will just call it even what do you say. :towel

skidadl

El Presidente'
Staff member
Hey Ski. It's border. Unless I went to a substandard school. A boarder stays in someone's house. A border separates boundaries. I hate to even bring it up but I'm pretty sure I owe you a couple of zingers. I will just call it even what do you say. :towel
That sir was 100% called for. Consider me fully zinged and humbled. I am extremely impressed that you got to me before Iamtdg did. I graduated college with a 3.60ish gpa but still struggle with basic spelling at times. Sad times indeed.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
That sir was 100% called for. Consider me fully zinged and humbled. I am extremely impressed that you got to me before Iamtdg did. I graduated college with a 3.60ish gpa but still struggle with basic spelling at times. Sad times indeed.
I actually just let it slide. You misspelled it in a post in the thread as well. So, let's just say you owe me one, and move on.

L.T. Fan

I'm Easy If You Are
I actually just let it slide. You misspelled it in a post in the thread as well. So, let's just say you owe me one, and move on.
See what happens when you dont do your job. I have t take up the slack. I don't have time for that. I'm retired.

jeebs

Brand New Member
Can we just let in more legally, and maybe shoot a few of the illegal ones? Cut down on this flow a little...

Top Bottom