5th Round Pick: Matt Waletzko, OT, North Dakota

p1_

DCC 4Life
This guy is the surprise pick of the cowboys draft, I just watched the Senior bowl game and he was physical and quick for his size. He played in the beginning of the 2nd half of the game and he can play in the NFL NOW!!! He should not start but he is definitely a backup tackle for us. I watched him play in the senior bowl practices and he seem better than Pennington. He is very athletic, physical and tough, he is our HIDDEN gem of the draft. He might be our future left tackle and Smith can be our Pro Bowler Guard. I'm excited about this draft.
I think hes in the swing rotation plan.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
So watching this guys college tape is hard. He is playing against future garbage men. But that's what's fun about the Senior Bowl. A small school guy gets a chance to actually play against a higher level of competition. I didn't see this stuff when I watched Senior Bowl practices initially but this guy is a fun dude. Way better power and leverage than I thought you'd get for a guy who is this tall.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Like I think booze said, it's crazy how similar this guy is to Ball. I suspect he gets the same redshirt/weight room year Ball got. (Unless Ball just can't play and that's why they hid him, but I doubt that's it.)

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
So watching this guys college tape is hard. He is playing against future garbage men. But that's what's fun about the Senior Bowl. A small school guy gets a chance to actually play against a higher level of competition. I didn't see this stuff when I watched Senior Bowl practices initially but this guy is a fun dude. Way better power and leverage than I thought you'd get for a guy who is this tall.

That was Ebiketie, Mafe and Luketa in the 1:1's, not bad.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Like I think booze said, it's crazy how similar this guy is to Ball. I suspect he gets the same redshirt/weight room year Ball got. (Unless Ball just can't play and that's why they hid him, but I doubt that's it.)
I don't think that's actually the plan. I think Dallas actually see's this guy as a swing tackle right now. He looks more physically strong than Ball did. I actually he is more NFL ready than Ball was when we drafted him. Not saying the guy is ready to start but I think he has more strength and anchor to his game than Ball did a year ago.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I actually he is more NFL ready than Ball was when we drafted him
Both are/were not ready.

Waletzko has a tough job ahead, learning the game, gaining about 20-25 pounds, and over however long the latter takes him not getting cut in the mean time

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think that's actually the plan. I think Dallas actually see's this guy as a swing tackle right now. He looks more physically strong than Ball did. I actually he is more NFL ready than Ball was when we drafted him.
He is far more functional than Ball.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is far more functional than Ball.
I admit I thought ball initially too. But this guy has way more functional strength and base.

I hope Ball has packed on some muscle amd is there too. But last year he wasn't.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I admit I thought ball initially too. But this guy has way more functional strength and base.

I hope Ball has packed on some muscle amd is there too. But last year he wasn't.
Ball just looked like some bendy guy, I did not see much power from what I saw of his clips from Marshall.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Probably holding. :(

Sheik

DCC 4Life
I haven't seen this much excitement since that shitty draft where they didn't pick until the 3rd round.

I wonder what Jason Williams is up to now. I heard he jumped, get this, OUT OF A POOL ONCE!

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I haven't seen this much excitement since that shitty draft where they didn't pick until the 3rd round.

I wonder what Jason Williams is up to now. I heard he jumped, get this, OUT OF A POOL ONCE!
Next Patrick Willis. Not guessing.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

Yeah that draft may have been one of the worst ever I can remember.

Top Bottom