5th Round Pick: Damone Clark, ILB, LSU

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
If Clark comes back even 90% pre injury, we got a big steal. Him, Cox and Micah make for a fast, aggressive, and GOOD LBer crew.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Stephen just said Clark "absolutely" could play this year.

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
Spinal fusion surgery sounds like a big deal.
They offered that to me as an option instead of disk replacement and I went the disk by Dupont option. Tbf this was 12 years ago and I'm sure the tech has improved

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Spinal fusion surgery sounds like a big deal.
It is for sure, but I guess like with everything else the surgery and recovery procedures have improved a lot. From what I've read on other patients, his mobility will be reduced somewhat and his longevity will be hurt as the remaining discs will be under more pressure, but that's way down the road.

Totally different sports, but I know some golfers and weightlifters had pain for years and the fusion fixed it. They just had to warm up more thoroughly and knew they'd have less mobility where the fusion was.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
My wife had it a few years ago and has had issues every since. Hope he doesnt have the same surgeon.
Did it affect her ability to run you down and deliver a solid blow?

Sorry. I couldn't help myself.

:tippytoe

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
They offered that to me as an option instead of disk replacement and I went the disk by Dupont option. Tbf this was 12 years ago and I'm sure the tech has improved
How has your experience been with it?

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
How has your experience been with it?
It's up and down. I definitely feel better than before the surgery but there are days when I move the wrong way that can hurt pretty bad

jsmith6919

Honored Member - RIP
I thought spinal fusion severely limits movement?
Yes they are taking a disc out and fusing two vertebrae together eliminating the disc

Top Bottom