49ers Stuff…

Status
Not open for further replies.

Newt

DCC 4Life
Games like this are why the Arizona game hurts so bad. I can see us winning this game. I can see us losing this game. But with the extra loss to the Cardinals this game becomes extremely important for playoff seeding. The 49ers are a tough draw for us. Strong running game and a QB that hasn't made many mistakes. If our defense can bring Purdy down to life and force him to turn the ball over we have a good chance. If we don't win the turn over battle its gonna be a rough day.

p1_

DCC 4Life
this should be a great game and a playoff preview.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Games like this are why the Arizona game hurts so bad. I can see us winning this game. I can see us losing this game. But with the extra loss to the Cardinals this game becomes extremely important for playoff seeding. The 49ers are a tough draw for us. Strong running game and a QB that hasn't made many mistakes. If our defense can bring Purdy down to life and force him to turn the ball over we have a good chance. If we don't win the turn over battle its gonna be a rough day.
Yea, I don't think there's any real takeaway from the Arizona game aside from shit happens in the NFL and it was just a perfect storm of shitty factors with the late week injuries.

The real bitch is that it sets us back in terms of playoff positioning, although I still think even if we drop to 3-2 we're in solid position in the division because the Eagles are inevitably going to drop some games, potentially even this week at the Rams.

And this may sound crazy but I honestly don't think the 49ers will beat us twice this year if we're healthy. Even if that means a road game late in the playoffs, I don't think they'll do it twice as long as we don't have any more major injuries.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yea, I don't think there's any real takeaway from the Arizona game aside from shit happens in the NFL and it was just a perfect storm of shitty factors with the late week injuries.

The real bitch is that it sets us back in terms of playoff positioning, although I still think even if we drop to 3-2 we're in solid position in the division because the Eagles are inevitably going to drop some games, potentially even this week at the Rams.

And this may sound crazy but I honestly don't think the 49ers will beat us twice this year if we're healthy. Even if that means a road game late in the playoffs, I don't think they'll do it twice as long as we don't have any more major injuries.
We have been so good at home, you have to think securing as high of a playoff seed as possible is pretty important for this team.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
The systematic way the 49ers handled the Cardinals was impressive.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
It was 21-16 late in the 3rd and going into the 4th, at home. The final score was a big margin but the game seemed relatively close.
The Cardinals mounted a little fight but when Purdy has one incompletion, they are going to be formidable.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It was 21-16 late in the 3rd and going into the 4th, at home. The final score was a big margin but the game seemed relatively close.
Was at a sports bar and kept one eye on that game yesterday, and yes, it was close until the end.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The Cardinals mounted a little fight but when Purdy has one incompletion, they are going to be formidable.
Yea, they're obviously very good but I still think Purdy could easily crumble against a top defense if they aren't able to jump out to an immediate lead.

9 times out of 10 we'd have beaten Arizona by 15-20 last week, so yea, not surprising that they looked good against them at home.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I still think Purdy could easily crumble against a top defense if they aren't able to jump out to an immediate lead.

It's basically what happened against the Eagles, to the point they knocked him out. They're certainly beatable and it's definitely possible to get into their heads and put them on their heels.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Other than potential seeding I think this game is being overrated.

Even if we beat them we still have to prove it in January.

Even if they beat us we'll still have more chances down the line.
Agreed, I'd love to win and have an inside track to HFA but I'd be lying if I said that I'd be confident about beating them twice in a row, even if it was at home.

If the Eagles weren't looking so inconsistent I'd be worried about dropping two games behind them in the division, but with their schedule and the fact that we have two remaining against them I think we'll be able to catch up even if we lose.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom