3rd round pick: Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Feh. If we got it wrong with him, it will be tough sailing until Gallup comes back.
This was true from the moment we drafted him, and would've been true with any WR we had taken. Nothing has happened since he was drafted that is cause for concern.

You can't blame him for the overall dysfunction of the front office and how they approach building the roster.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I don't know what Booze is talking about. Tolbert is the addition that I am most looking forward to seeing out there.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't know what Booze is talking about. Tolbert is the addition that I am most looking forward to seeing out there.
That’s the thing though. He is not out there. Fehoko is. If he rebounds when real camp starts, great. But he needs every rep he can get.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
That’s the thing though. He is not out there. Fehoko is. If he rebounds when real camp starts, great. But he needs every rep he can get.
That I agree with. He needs to get right now because he can't afford to miss any time later. WR has worried me since the day we let Cooper walk. I just don't think we have made any real effort at the position. I'm not even talking about high level talent. But right now Malik Turner even sounds pretty good. We just have no speed at receiver outside the top guys. Semi runs a nice forty but he isn't fast.

This is what happens when you keep turds like Noah Brown around who have zero ability at WR. You've got no real young talent coming up that you can actually rely on.

Last edited:

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Unless someone steps up, I'm still going to miss Ced "GPS Wonder" Wilson. Too bad he couldn't have held off a year on breaking out.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Could be the homer in me but the more I hear about Tolbert the more he grows on me.
He is the one I have most hopes for, followed closely by Sam Williams.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
He is the one I have most hopes for, followed closely by Sam Williams.
I have really high hopes for our top 3 picks. I legit think they will all be hits. After that I'm really not sure but if you hit on 3 guys and get contributions from some others that's an excellent draft.

NoDak

Hotlinking' sonofabitch
When Tolbert becomes allpro and is well on his way to a HOF career, remember I was the first guy shilling for him leading up to the draft.

~Furley sniff~

If he washes out, I humbly request you just forget it all.

• Props
Reactions: p1_
Top Bottom