3rd round pick: Jalen Tolbert, WR, South Alabama

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
This is my favorite pick of the draft so far.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This is my favorite pick of the draft so far.
Pretty cool, the guy was the first WR in his school's history to break 1000 yards. He ended up doing it in back to back years (1400+) this past year. I always have an extra appreciation for a guy who does things no one has ever been able to accomplish at his school.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Pretty cool, the guy was the first WR in his school's history to break 1000 yards. He ended up doing it in back to back years (1400+) this past year. I always have an extra appreciation for a guy who does things no one has ever been able to accomplish at his school.
Has anyone ever went to South Alabama?

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
I am excited about this pick. Easily my favorite pick of the draft.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
McGinn old man grumpy scout:

13. JALEN TOLBERT, South Alabama (6-1, 193, 4.52, 3): Suffered a knee injury as a freshman in 2017 and redshirted. Played four seasons, starting the final three. “Baseball player,” said one scout. “Went there to play both. Then he hurt his knee and focused on football. He’s a good fit for this West Coast offense all these teams are running because he is very versatile. He makes plays. You cannot discount this kid’s playmaking ability. Second round is a little rich, but people will be all over him in the third. He’s sturdier than the top guys. He’ll be close to 200 (pounds). Little more rocked-up than those other guys. I like him as an underneath guy and I think he runs good enough to get over the top.” Finished with 178 receptions for 3,140 (17.6) and 22 TDs. Wonderlic of 27. “He’s got really good hands but he had too many concentration drops,” another scout said. “He tries to run too much before the catch. He’s basically their entire offense. He is talented.” From Mobile, Ala.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
There's not much to say about Tolbert since he's pretty clearly going to be a very good 3, and potentially even a good 2.

p1_

DCC 4Life
There's not much to say about Tolbert since he's pretty clearly going to be a very good 3, and potentially even a good 2.
Upgrade to Ced Wilson, maybe even Gallup.

Top Bottom