2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Who would you pick, based on the players who will likely be available?
None of them really. There isn’t a sure bet in all of them. Any team that takes any of these four are lying to themselves thinking they are franchise QBs.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
None of them really. There isn’t a sure bet in all of them. Any team that takes any of these four are lying to themselves thinking they are franchise QBs.
It’s hard to disagree with that position. But, if we’re genuinely focused on moving on from Dak, then the smart thing to do is to keep drafting QBs until we find one, rather than tethering ourselves to one guy on a bad contract. The other problem is that McCarthy is likely gone after this season, so does it really make sense to draft a guy this year and then force a new head coach to work with him, rather than let the coach participate in the evaluation and selection process in 2025?

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
But, if we’re genuinely focused on moving on from Dak
I don't think we are.

The other problem is that McCarthy is likely gone after this season, so does it really make sense to draft a guy this year

I don't know that it's likely that McCarthy is gone after this year. People keep trying to bury him but he just keeps racking up playoff appearances. We'll see this year, and I do think it's possible he's gone, but I think it's just as likely he's back on a new contract in 2025.

McCarthy actually seems like Jerry's dream coach. Keeps the team competitive yearly just enough to keep the cash flowing, doesn't rock the boat or complain about not getting enough help, and toes the company line.

• Props
Reactions: p1_

p1_

DCC 4Life
I don't know that it's likely that McCarthy is gone after this year. People keep trying to bury him but he just keeps racking up playoff appearances. We'll see this year, and I do think it's possible he's gone, but I think it's just as likely he's back on a new contract in 2025.

McCarthy actually seems like Jerry's dream coach. Keeps the team competitive yearly just enough to keep the cash flowing, doesn't rock the boat or complain about not getting enough help, and toes the company line.
I think the 12-5 charm is gone. This year will be intriguing insofar as how long it takes the defense to come around to Zim's style of play. Hoping he can get some talent in the draft and the FA after market. Offense should be ok, assuming we get solid OL and RB in the draft.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself
I think the 12-5 charm is gone

For the hardcore fans, sure.

For the casuals?

They're still going to get excited and they're still going to get sucked as we're battling for seeding and the division and what not. They're still going to believe that this time it's different, that we've got the right seeding and the right matchups in the playoffs, and by God the luck of the draw says we have to break through sometime, right?

And as long as the casuals spend money and watch and sell out the games, Jerry will be happy.

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
30 years of fucking failure, it amazes me that homers aren't extinct.

The wine and cheese crowd should be wearing paper bags over their fuckin heads to home games.
I have a good friend (who I grew up with in NY) that is a "dyed in the wool" Bills fan and he says every time he hears a Cowboys' fan bitch about the last ...26, 27, 28, 29, 30 years, he wants to kick them squarely in the nut-sac.

:lol

Top Bottom