2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Jerry's model has not won anything in 30 years, so what's your point?
The Hillbillies think they are legitimate football men now. They have a plan, and by GOD, they are sticking to it. . And to them, they fixed the biggest criticism they were getting of the absolute clown show drafts going on after Jimmy left. Never mind that they still get absolutely ass fucked in most trades. :shrug

P_T

Baddest MoFo Around
I think a lot of people misread, misheard, misinterpreted or just heard what they wanted to with Jerry's "al in" comment. As you can read below, nothing he said can really be interpreted as him going on an all out talent binge this year.

Jones wouldn't commit to getting Prescott a contract extension that would alleviate such a cap hit, adding that the team is positioned well enough to put all their chips in the 2024 basket.

"I would anticipate -- with looking ahead at our key contracts that we'd like to address -- we will be all in," Jones said, via team reporter Nick Harris. "I would anticipate we will be all in at the end of this year.

"... It will be going all in on different people than you've done in the past. We will be going all in. We've seen some things out of some of the players that we want to be all in on. Yes, I would say that you will see us this coming year not build it for the future. It's the best way I've ever said. And that ought to answer a lot of questions."
I will say though, contrary to that final comment, it actually raises more questions than it answered... which is classic Jer.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
I think a lot of people misread, misheard, misinterpreted or just heard what they wanted to with Jerry's "al in" comment. As you can read below, nothing he said can really be interpreted as him going on an all out talent binge this year.

I will say though, contrary to that final comment, it actually raises more questions than it answered... which is classic Jer.
When is this article because Jerry changed his tune on what All in means

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

To add to that, he said a bunch of other things that probably is a good tipoff to what their actual plans are. They certainly aren't looking at this year as a rebuild or retool year like some people think. Assuming we can take his words at face value, which I think is a safe assumption.

"What I would say is, I hope it's not different going into the first playoff game where we've got the second seed. I hope it's not different at all, to that point, where we got the second seed," Jones told reporters at the Reese's Senior Bowl, per Michael Gehlken of the Dallas Morning News. "Now, let's talk about how we might make it different when we play in that game and get a win, OK? We need to stop the run better, we need to be more physical, and we need to run better, to be specific. We need to do those kinds of things.

"And so, my point is, I look at that and I thought we made a pretty good move four years ago when we hired Mike McCarthy, and he's had some great in-season success. Now he's come up short three times and advanced us in the playoff. But I like that fact that's he's hanging around the rim, and I like what the team has done to hang around the rim. So, I think, what the answer that I would have is, that I'm aware that we're hanging around the rim. We're not getting the ball in but when you hang around the rim – let's don't discount hanging around the rim – where we are right now with the players we've got, and I'm thinking about it from the whole look."

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Waitamint, someone thinks that could be a real strategy?

Don't sign good, proven NFL players now so that college kids not good enough to be drafted will want to come here? :doh

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target

Don't sign good, proven NFL players now so that college kids not good enough to be drafted will want to come here? :doh
They live to snatch various Whites like Romo, Bass, Hoffman, and Rush from the jaws of UDFA

son of deadrise

DCC 4Life
When is this article because Jerry changed his tune on what All in means
The owner of the Jaguars, who rivals Jerry for being one of the league's bigger dickheads, ran a TV campaign in Jacksonville a few years ago. The tagline at the end of the spot was: "Because we're all in."

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

The real problem now is that those college kids who weren’t stable enough to stick with programs have had zero coaching. And they feel entitled.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I actually bet pretty hard on the over last year which was either 10 or 10.5 because I saw no way we'd finish worse than 10-7 with the defense fully intact after a season where we went 12-5 with Dak missing 5 games.

But there's just too many holes on this roster to think they win any more than 10 games next year unless something significant happens in the draft.
Gambling degenerate.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
I can tell you this, depending on the OL coach, I have seen all white and all black lines.

On purpose! :panic
If only we could get the kid from bum fucked somewhere that we basically traded Cooper for into the starting OL, I feel we would be OK.

p1_

DCC 4Life

Yeah that’s a joke.

Top Bottom