2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Tony D

DCC 4Life
When does DQ say he’s coming back to Dallas and not taking a head coaching job because he isn't going to get one of the remaining jobs anyhow?

Is it 100% the door is open for his return if he doesn’t get another job?

p1_

DCC 4Life
I think we’re stuck with Quinn.

1bigfan13

Your favorite player's favorite player
Staff member
When does DQ say he’s coming back to Dallas and not taking a head coaching job because he isn't going to get one of the remaining jobs anyhow?

Is it 100% the door is open for his return if he doesn’t get another job?
It sure feels that way.

Just me speculating, but I think if they were really interested in moving in a different direction on defense they'd have already explored other external options. I believe I even saw someone post that if Quinn were to leave the Cowboys were intent on just promoting from within.

So as of right now, it appears that all signs point to them running it back with the same staff and schemes.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
It sure feels that way.

Just me speculating, but I think if they were really interested in moving in a different direction on defense they'd have already explored other external options. I believe I even saw someone post that if Quinn were to leave the Cowboys were intent on just promoting from within.

So as of right now, it appears that all signs point to them running it back with the same staff and schemes.
It could be the old Jerry thing that he was hoping Quinn would get another job so he wouldn't have to pay him.

I agree that he probably isn't going anywhere. But 100% if he did get fired, Jerry would wait to be sure no one else hired him first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don't think there is as much of a bright line between a 3-4 and a 4-3 anymore. I think a lot of coaches and players are capable of doing both. If Dallas moved to somewhat of a 3-4 defense I don't think it would be some sort of massive undertaking. Parsons often already is rushing from a two point stance. Hell at times I saw Lawrence playing from a 2 point stance. A dude like Osa could play a 3-4 DE about the same way he plays 4-3 3tech. In the end you're still really playing 2 off ball LBers just like we did last year. You're just adding more beef out there with an extra D-lineman as opposed to a third safety.

Anyway, if we were to replace Quinn with someone outside the organization I have no problem getting a guy who likes to run more 3-4 defenses. I don't think it creates anymore holes than we already have.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I don't think there is as much of a bright line between a 3-4 and a 4-3 anymore. I think a lot of coaches and players are capable of doing both. If Dallas moved to somewhat of a 3-4 defense I don't think it would be some sort of massive undertaking. Parsons often already is rushing from a two point stance. Hell at times I saw Lawrence playing from a 2 point stance. A dude like Osa could play a 3-4 DE about the same way he plays 4-3 3tech. In the end you're still really playing 2 off ball LBers just like we did last year. You're just adding more beef out there with an extra D-lineman as opposed to a third safety.

Anyway, if we were to replace Quinn with someone outside the organization I have no problem getting a guy who likes to run more 3-4 defenses. I don't think it creates anymore holes than we already have.
It was a dumb analogy.

It is the personnel and the role in the scheme. It also means a linebacker of some sort, not a dime or big nickel even.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Sure, everyone runs a lot of nickel now, but I do wish we'd run a base 34. Mostly, that's what Parsons is suited for. Armstrong and Williams, too. Golston could be a 34 end. Lawrence doesn't really fit, admittedly. But to me, Parsons is the one you fit around, not the lead Hot Boy.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sure, everyone runs a lot of nickel now, but I do wish we'd run a base 34. Mostly, that's what Parsons is suited for. Armstrong and Williams, too. Golston could be a 34 end. Lawrence doesn't really fit, admittedly. But to me, Parsons is the one you fit around, not the lead Hot Boy.
Not saying Lawrence fits but Lawrence played some this year from a two point stance. Call it a standing DE or call it an OLBer, I don't really care but he did actually do something similar to a 3-4 OLBer. I really hope they figure something out with Sam Williams this year. I actually kind of like him despite the fact that he is a dumbass. Guy is super athletic but he also looks jacked. I'm guessing he is in that 260-270 pound range. He was third on the team in sacks this year with limited playing time. I know I'll regret this whole statement when he makes yet another boneheaded play but in his third year I'm ready to let the guy play full time.

Top Bottom