2024 Random Cowboys Stuff Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
These guys don't care nearly as much about winning a Superbowl as Jerry portrays. He cares more about partying and riding around in his massive yacht than he does about winning football games. It's why I think Jerry has taken a large step back and mostly handed the keys to Stephen. Who certainly cares less about winning a Superbowl.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

Tyler was not average to below average at tackle. What the hell is he talking about. Nobody (including Duke as far as I know) was saying that at the time.

Hell, including the team because when Tyron came back they kept Tyler at LT and moved Tyron to RT. They must have thought Tyler was doing pretty well.

Hell, I remember at the time people were trying to tell me that Tyler was now a better LT than Tyron which is also absurd.

What the hell is this foolishness?

Genghis Khan

That said, I'm fine with drafting a tackle and keeping Tyler at guard. Both scenarios (Tyler at LG or Tyler at LT) make sense.

Hell, I'd be even happier with Tyler at LT, a draft pick at RT, and Bass at LG. And Steele shot to the moon.

Genghis Khan

He's probably a better LG than LT but that doesn't mean you automatically leave him at LG. If it plays out that way, great, but I'm not going to pass on a better OL prospect for a guy who projects as an LT just so we can keep Smith at LG.

Also, I think we shouldn't discount him looking better last season as just being a result of being his second year in the league rather than because of the position he was playing. He might have looked better last year no matter where we put him.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Also, I think we shouldn't discount him looking better last season as just being a result of being his second year in the league rather than because of the position he was playing. He might have looked better last year no matter where we put him.
I agree with this as well. Who knows what he would have developed into at LT had he stayed there.

Anyway, I think Tyler absolutely could be your long term solution at LT if you want him to be. It opens the possibilities in the draft of taking a LT, LG, Center or RT even.

If you find a LT in this draft, than awesome. But Tyler allows you to not force that. Just get a dude who will be a 10 year starter on the Oline with Tyler Smith. It's that simple. We can figure out the positions based off that.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
We're going best OL available, I imagine, counting on Tyler's flexibility to help us start our best five.

We may go OL twice in the first three rounds

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
We're going best OL available, I imagine, counting on Tyler's flexibility to help us start our best five.

We may go OL twice in the first three rounds
1. LT, Barton or whomever. Frazier’s numbers from his Pro Day may push him into the late 2nd-3rd.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
I don't believe this for a second.
Agreed. Complete April Fools bullshit.

The Bills would be eating $74million in dead money with that pre 6/1 trade :lol not to mention receiving a worse player. Hope that 6th rounder eases their worries, lol.

The Cowboys would be laughing all the way to the bank

Top Bottom