2024 NFL Coaches/GMs Firing & Hiring Thread

shane

DCC 4Life
Yeah, no way. Quinn did the same thing before he took the Cowboys job.
I feel like Vrabel is more highly regarded than Quinn was when he left Atlanta. I'd be surprised if Vrabel isn't hired as a head coach by someone this offseason.

shane

DCC 4Life
If it were me I think I'd rather go McDonald than Johnson, he's done more with less talent. His primary edge rushers in Baltimore are Clowney and Van Noy, both off the scrap heap.
Johnson seems like a perfect fit for the Chargers. He's made Goff look like a stud with his excellent scheme. Imagine what he would do with Herbert and what an upgrade he would be over Kellen Moore.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
The 49ers front office hasn't been overly impressive to me. The main reason for their success is that Shannahan can take average to above average offensive talent (particularly on the OL and QB) and churn out elite results.

They've been ok in the draft and have made some timely FA moves/trades, but everything there revolves around Shannahan and the flexibility he provides by allowing them to operate with subpar QB and OL talent. That's allowed them to make trades/FA signings that spend significant cap space on guys like McCaffrey and Hargrave.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I feel like Vrabel is more highly regarded than Quinn was when he left Atlanta. I'd be surprised if Vrabel isn't hired as a head coach by someone this offseason.
Sure, but I doubt he takes a DC job. If he does not need to work, he can take a side gig for a year or something.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Johnson seems like a perfect fit for the Chargers. He's made Goff look like a stud with his excellent scheme. Imagine what he would do with Herbert and what an upgrade he would be over Kellen Moore.
Johnson is fine but Goff also went to a Super Bowl, he's not a shit QB. He's roughly above average and Johnson has him playing at about that level, the fact that they have a top 3-5 OL in the league is the real driver of their offensive scheme.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Johnson is fine but Goff also went to one Super Bowl, he's not a shit QB. He's roughly above average and Johnson has him playing at about that level, the fact that they have a top 3-5 OL in the league is the real driver of their offensive scheme.
Yeah, if that guy expects to take over the Redskins, they better move around for picks and go after OL hard.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah, if that guy expects to take over the Redskins, they better move around for picks and go after OL hard.
Yea most of what they're doing is based on how good their run game has been, and of course they've sinked significant resources in both the OL and RB over the last few years. Their offense is fine but the handful of times I've watched them this year (our game, both Green Bay games, Denver, first Bears game, Chiefs) I haven't been blown away.

It's a good offense but I don't get Shannahan vibes where he's almost playing a different game with how smooth and decisive everything looks.

Genghis Khan

The worst version of myself

I think this is true, which I really don't understand.

shane

DCC 4Life
Johnson is fine but Goff also went to a Super Bowl, he's not a shit QB. He's roughly above average and Johnson has him playing at about that level, the fact that they have a top 3-5 OL in the league is the real driver of their offensive scheme.
Goff was considered washed up like Carson Wentz when he was given away to Detroit. Being forced to watch the Lions pretty much every week, I have to begrudgingly admit that Johnson's scheming lives up to the hype. Whoever gets him is making a great hire IMO.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Goff was considered washed up like Carson Wentz when he was given away to Detroit. Being forced to watch the Lions pretty much every week, I have to begrudgingly admit that Johnson's scheming lives up to the hype. Whoever gets him is making a great hire IMO.
He's definitely getting schemed up but I also think it's mostly due to how good their OL/running game is, with lots of play action. It's good stuff, sure, but it's much more a function of the talent (having an elite OL and RB duo) than Johnson being the next Shannahan who can scheme up elite offenses with almost any kind of roster.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I hope the Pats satisfied the Osmond Rule by interviewing at least one white candidate.
You will hear a lot about how they built a succession clause in his contract which allows them to skip the whole thing.

If he were a white guy, would that be allowed? Asking for a friend.

Chocolate Lab

csn this hash tomo
You will hear a lot about how they built a succession clause in his contract which allows them to skip the whole thing.

You know the answer to that.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member

It's not allowed. You still must have the token fake interview to appease the mob. And then when it is discovered that the interview was fake, the person who had the fake interview may attempt to sue your team for it. Or so that's what I have heard.

ravidubey

DCC 4Life
Can't believe it's not Vrabel but hey. Maybe some crazy shit goes down and Vrabel decides to be a DC for a year or two before rebooting as a HC?
They'd have to go through the hiring process to bring Vrabel over.

With Mayo they can sign him and move on.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member

Maxx Crosby has been squawking about demanding a trade if he is not the HC.

Top Bottom