2024 Draft Weekend Chatter Thread

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Jet's situation is interesting. I doubt they cut either of their rookie RB picks. I actually very much like Breece Hall and Abanikanda. I know there is like nothing Abanikanda did as a rookie to get people excited. But I actually really liked what the guy did at Pittsburg and he is stupid fast. I wanted to draft him last year.

And frankly if they are willing to move on from Breece Hall I'd happily flip them a draft pick. He is a really good RB.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Now who…who is the loofa again? I am confused.

data

Forbes #1
Did you all not see the fervency of hi-fiving and fist pumping after picking Liufau?

It was like Zeus himself sent down claps of thunder and lightning.

Last edited:

data

Forbes #1
What was the biggest smokescreen of this years draft?

I think last year’s was CJ Stroud’s failing cognitive test.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
What was the biggest smokescreen of this years draft?

I think last year’s was CJ Stroud’s failing cognitive test.
I don’t think there was nearly the gamesmanship as in other years. This will go down as a very weird class and I would not be surprised if it is like all time worst. The top defensive player did not go until the middle of the round and even that guy had huge medical issues.

This was not a normal draft at all. This was the COVID class.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
I don’t think there was nearly the gamesmanship as in other years. This will go down as a very weird class and I would not be surprised if it is like all time worst. The top defensive player did not go until the middle of the round and even that guy had huge medical issues.

To me this class was insane good at WR and Oline. Other positions though were I think much worse than most years.

data

Forbes #1

Reverse smokescreen regarding interest in a player, I was surprised how high Penix and Nix were drafted. Seemed like consensus was late first.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reverse smokescreen regarding interest in a player, I was surprised how high Penix and Nix were drafted. Seemed like consensus was late first.
Yeah they didn't get much hype at all to be drafted that high.

Top Bottom