2024 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
Isn't that the same description of Parsons in college?
Parsons was productive, but the Covid shortened season screwed with players. Plus, he was an off the ball LB, not a DE.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Parsons was productive, but the Covid shortened season screwed with players. Plus, he was an off the ball LB, not a DE.
See that he had tackles and some sacks but not the sack totals that he is getting now. Just going off what I remember being said as far as that. Just seemed close enough to what I remember being said.

Plan9Misfit

Appreciate The Hate
See that he had tackles and some sacks but not the sack totals that he is getting now. Just going off what I remember being said as far as that. Just seemed close enough to what I remember being said.
He's playing a different position and being utilized completely differently now than he was at Penn State.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
14 TFLs, 5 sacks and over 100 tackles is actually a very impressive stat line. The dude was all over the field as a LBer. Again, had he played DE, I'm sure those sack numbers would have been significantly higher.

All that to say Chop Robinson with his 4 sacks and 7.5 TFL this past year as a DE doesn't mean he can't be an impact NFL DE. Just that he isn't there yet. He has the look, build and athleticism of an early second round pick to me.

Rev

Good, bad, I'm the guy with the gun
Staff member
Lookit. Maybe they were talking just about the sack total when talking about Parsons when it was mentioned what I heard. That is what I was going by and noting that it sounded similar to what was posted. That is all that was.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Yeah this is what I was kind of referring to. After the Senior Bowl most would have said he is a pipe dream at 24. Now it almost feels like that's the top of where he could go. I'd still take him in the first and do a happy dance. A lot of the "rising" and "falling" is media driven. He isn't really floating on real teams draft boards like that. None of that changes the fact that I think he is an elite center prospect. One that this team could legitimately use to upgrade the O-line.
I always felt the top 20 talk was a bit much but he's a legit first rounder assuming health isn't an issue. I'd have him near the top of my board at 24.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
This organization doesn't have the foresight or guts to consider or make such moves.
I would absolutely do that trade with Dak. Sure as shit beats a third round pick in 2026. And with what we have done with this offseason, next year looks like a wasted year anyway.

I probably would not do the trade with Ceedee. Not that it isn't probably where the value falls on Lamb but if I'm going cheap at QB, I sure as shit want to keep around the stud WR to help whoever our QB is. And at Lambs age, I'm at least franchising him a year if I can't get a deal done this offseason or next.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
I would absolutely do that trade with Dak. Sure as shit beats a third round pick in 2026. And with what we have done with this offseason, next year looks like a wasted year anyway.
DCC 2026: "Can you believe we got a third round comp pick for Dak when we could have gotten a huge haul if we'd just traded him the year before?"

You know we're all going to be saying it.*

And I wouldn't trade CeeDee either. He's a total stud. You don't get rid of those guys.

*Actually I'll still be surprised if Dak doesn't get a huge extension.

Last edited:

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
*Actually I'll still be surprised if Dak doesn't get a huge extension.
I wouldn't be surprised at all and I fully expect it. On top of that I think Dak is going to bend the Cowboys over with that extension. This waiting til the last minute never benefits us. It just makes the price go higher and higher. But we have seen this song and dance too many times.

Bill Shatner

Lock phasers on target
Decisions have to be made. I don't think you can pay a WR 30+ and a QB 60 because if your QB is worth 60, he doesn't need that elite guy at WR and resources can be allotted elsewhere like OL and DL.

Cotton

One-armed Knife Sharpener
Staff member
Yates latest. Trade down with the Niners. Netting us a third.

31. Dallas Cowboys (via mock trade with SF)
Jordan Morgan, OT, Arizona

The Cowboys figure to be locked in on a tackle following Tyron Smith's departure in free agency, especially if they intend to keep Tyler Smith at left guard. No other team has been more passive in free agency, but after the trade back, the Cowboys can fill holes and build depth through the draft. Morgan can be a starting left tackle, but he also can kick inside to left guard if Dallas ultimately prefers to move Tyler Smith to tackle full time. Morgan would make it eight offensive tackles in Round 1, which would tie the 2008 common draft era record (since 1967), per ESPN Stats & Information.

Top Bottom