2024 Draft Big Boards, Position Rankings & Mocks

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
Easier said than done. People make trading down sound so easy. Well, you need to have a willing partner to trade. And that willing partner has to also be willing to not bend you over and run it in dry while agreeing to that trade.
Correct. Pair that fact with the reality of how little the Joneses are able build trading relationships, the chances are remote.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
Like I said yesterday, it's all a bit of a farce.

I think NFL execs know it too, they know damn good and well that there are hundreds if not thousands of people out there who could do their jobs just as well, but it's just too much fun to have "find good football players" as a job so they build these rent-seeking gates in the form of interpersonal relationships/professional networks that insulate themselves and the industry itself.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
That's sort of a dream class although the DL would be a complete mess.
Yeah. Even though I have zero issue with two of the three chosen, there is no way we can expect not to address the DL/LB positions until the fifth round.

Cowboysrock55

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yeah. Even though I have zero issue with two of the three chosen, there is no way we can expect not to address the DL/LB positions until the fifth round.
We have more holes than picks. Something is going to get ignored.

boozeman

28 Years And Counting...
Staff member
I think the literal best case scenario for me (within reason) would look something like:

Brian Thomas Jr., Jared Verse or Latu at 24
Beebe in the 2nd
If what Miller is saying is accurate, Beebe could be had in the third. Ah fuck it, we aren’t that intelligent.

Simpleton

DCC 4Life
I have no idea if the hype is real or inflated, but that is the one of the three I see the most buzz about.
I don't see what motive they'd have to float such a rumor unless it's just sowing chaos for fun.

Chocolate Lab

Mere Commoner
Top Bottom